• The KillerFrogs

Who Do I Root For?

Bob Sugar

Speaking of….Caroline Girvan.

carolinegirvan_1617813921390_original._CR0,0,1000,1000_._FMjpg_.png
Her abs are not symmetrical. Gross. WNB.

dawg

As long as we are in the envious position to DREAM of a CFP berth, I wonder who it is we should root for this week and beyond.

1. Alabama to go to SEC Championship game and lose.

2. Tennessee to beat Georgia.

3. Mike Leach for a major upset of Georgia after UGA to lose to Tenn.

4. Kstate to win out and meet us in conf champ game.

5. Ohio State to throttle Michigan.

6. I say let Clemson win out. They have the worst qb play out of the remaining contenders. I think they lose to ND AND south Carolina though.
1. Alabama loses to LSU or Ole Miss. The sooner Alabama has two losses, the better. The best scenario would be Auburn beating them in the Iron Bowl, but that's doubtful. They haven't won in Tuscaloosa since Cam Newton was QB.
2. Yup. Tennessee over Georgia. 11-1 Georgia that lost to Tennessee has less of a case. A 12-1 Georgia that beats Tennessee but loses in the SECCG is likely in the CFP.
3. Yup. I'd like to hear Finebaum try to make a case for 10-2 Georgia, and no doubt he would.
4. Yup. If we make it to 12-0, we need the highest ranked opponent possible in the BXII CG. That would be 10-2 K-State, not 8-4 uTerus (this scenario assumes we'd defeat them).
5. Either way, but 11-1 Michigan is less likely to get in than 11-1 tOSU.
6. A Clemson loss makes it a lot easier for the BXII champion.

Wexahu

1. Alabama loses to LSU or Ole Miss. The sooner Alabama has two losses, the better. The best scenario would be Auburn beating them in the Iron Bowl, but that's doubtful. They haven't won in Tuscaloosa since Cam Newton was QB.
2. Yup. Tennessee over Georgia. 11-1 Georgia that lost to Tennessee has less of a case. A 12-1 Georgia that beats Tennessee but loses in the SECCG is likely in the CFP.
3. Yup. I'd like to hear Finebaum try to make a case for 10-2 Georgia, and no doubt he would.
4. Yup. If we make it to 12-0, we need the highest ranked opponent possible in the BXII CG. That would be 10-2 K-State, not 8-4 uTerus (this scenario assumes we'd defeat them).
5. Either way, but 11-1 Michigan is less likely to get in than 11-1 tOSU.
6. A Clemson loss makes it a lot easier for the BXII champion.
A Georgia win would be better than a Tennessee win IMO.

Limey Frog

A Georgia win would be better than a Tennessee win IMO.

I don't think so. Whichever one loses will win out and go 11-1. If that's Tenn., they have two wins over Bama and LSU that the committee loves (because, you know, SEC! SEC!). If Georgia loses, they haven't beaten any of the SEC front-runners and have lost to one of them. The Oregon win is great, but it's a long time ago now and (again, the committee is dumb) the Pac is not the SEC. I can more easily imagine Georgia missing the 4 spot than Tennessee at 11-1.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Frogs - just win, baby
Clemson needs to lose a game (highly likely)
Mich - tOSU need to be a rout - either way (not counting on this)
Alabama needs to lose SEC championship (50/50 chance)

Enjoy the ride, regardless.

FrogAbroad

Frogs - just win, baby
Clemson needs to lose a game (highly likely)
Mich - tOSU need to be a rout - either way (not counting on this)
Alabama needs to lose SEC championship (50/50 chance)

Enjoy the ride, regardless.
"Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride."

Some of the best advice I ever received. Thank you, Chris LeDoux.

Toad Jones

Frogs over Tech big and kick ass the rest of the way.
Georgia over tenn - tenn will then be out. Georgia over Bama in Champ
ND over Clemson to show they are not all that.
K State to win out then lose to us in Champ game. The better scenario is UT winning out would have been best but when we beat them, that is a third conference loss. Of course, we know brand matters.
OSU to throttle Mich (everyone loves OSU)

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. TCU
4. One loss team.
Yes on TCU over Tech. Think they understand now, you've got to play four quarters from here on out

I think Tennessee beats Georgia and most likely plays in the BIG GAME at the end of the season

And believe you're correct on KState, and they still worry me.

Bob Sugar

Umm...clarify.....TCU has a 0 in the loss column....Meter of sarcasm has registered on the upper end....
But you see, the rooting interest works, sans TCU, I should have had a disclaimer,, 2-loss ranked Oregon State played 2-Los UNranked Washington. You root for the underdog her and they won.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
As long as we are in the envious position to DREAM of a CFP berth, I wonder who it is we should root for this week and beyond.

1. Alabama to go to SEC Championship game and lose.

2. Tennessee to beat Georgia.

3. Mike Leach for a major upset of Georgia after UGA to lose to Tenn.

4. Kstate to win out and meet us in conf champ game.

5. Ohio State to throttle Michigan.

6. I say let Clemson win out. They have the worst qb play out of the remaining contenders. I think they lose to ND AND south Carolina though.
More fiber….

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Damnit. Should I even show up for the game??
50’s & sunny from kickoff, we’ll have complaints from those who got sunburned and the rest got chilly. Order your nachos now for pre-delivery to your seat in the 400’s. Oh, and on the drive in, be on the lookout for random acts of vandalism from TT fans against our beautiful campus art, statues & fountains. Feel free to call it in to campus police (….after you dispatch said ruffian rash with applicable “manual correction”). I’m sure the police report will reflect he clearly “fell off a curb in a stupor & remained there until Officers arrived & helped him….into custody.”