• The KillerFrogs

Which of the current coaches will Dykes retain?

HFrog1999

I would enjoy any situation where a fan directly taunting a player/coach results in said fan getting his ass kicked. What teams are involved is irrelevant. Whether even one poster agrees with me is also irrelevant.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Moose Stuff

SMU 247 mod says Kaz and Samples are joining Sonny in FW. Massive news if accurate. Anybody that judged the Sonny hire through the lens of won/loss record is about to see just how shortsighted that was (though they won’t admit it). Recruiting is about to go places we’ve not seen previously and not one other coach we realistically could have hired could deliver that.

Dogfrog

SMU 247 mod says Kaz and Samples are joining Sonny in FW. Massive news if accurate. Anybody that judged the Sonny hire through the lens of won/loss record is about to see just how shortsighted that was (though they won’t admit it). Recruiting is about to go places we’ve not seen previously and not one other coach we realistically could have hired could deliver that.
Assume this is based on maximizing management of transfers and NIL?

HFrog1999

If I see Kaz at any alumni events I’m gonna ask him why he keeps skipping Leg Day

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
So Graham Harrell (Tech connection) is a possible OC. Where is Riley going to go? TCU would seem to be a good step up but maybe he already has something else lined up.

Pharm Frog

Kazs reaction to the fan is what's pathetic. He extremely overreacted to light taunting. Maybe go back and watch again.

Fans acted like Grade A [ Arschloch]s on repeat and yet every single player and coach was okay and seemingly gracious until Kaz goes off. How is it that the players who were in the fight all day could restrain themselves but a coach couldn’t? My only suggestion is this: If Kaz is the best you can get, get him and I’ll bet even those fans come to love him. If he’s not the best you can get, move on along.

froginaustin

LMAO…. I’m 100% aware of the definition of assault. I just think you’re an idiot for trying to apply it to a football coach standing up for his players as they get taunted by a piece of [ #2020 ] fan. Calling what he did “criminal” is pathetic.

Pathetic it may be to you, but calling the behavior criminal is correct. The video shows it.

A violent threat is an assault. It's a crime, not usually a serious one if a threat is all there is but a crime nevertheless.

A person that commits an assault such as the one Kaz, in the course of his duties as an employee of a university, has no business being an employee of a university. At the very least it makes the university look small potatos.

Kaz's players didn't need his protection, his "standing up for". They were fine with his mouth shut and him making his way off the field without escalating a non-incident into an incident.

"Standing up for . . . players" is not a license for assault in Kaz's circumstances, no matter what non-thinkers-- reactions driven by menopause perhaps-- would do in the moment or think should be allowed in the moment.

Have a Blessed Holiday Season.

Dogfrog

Fans acted like Grade A [ Arschloch]s on repeat and yet every single player and coach was okay and seemingly gracious until Kaz goes off. How is it that the players who were in the fight all day could restrain themselves but a coach couldn’t? My only suggestion is this: If Kaz is the best you can get, get him and I’ll bet even those fans come to love him. If he’s not the best you can get, move on along.
Plus anybody who doesn’t see the difference between the actions of a random ticket buying T-shirt/ ankle tat fan in the stands and a well paid professional coach of a Big 12 team is off the rails. One was mocking the team and the other was threatening bodily harm. All that being said I am willing to call it a bad day at the office.

Moose Stuff

Pathetic it may be to you, but calling the behavior criminal is correct. The video shows it.

A violent threat is an assault. It's a crime, not usually a serious one if a threat is all there is but a crime nevertheless.

A person that commits an assault such as the one Kaz, in the course of his duties as an employee of a university, has no business being an employee of a university. At the very least it makes the university look small potatos.

Kaz's players didn't need his protection, his "standing up for". They were fine with his mouth shut and him making his way off the field without escalating a non-incident into an incident.

"Standing up for . . . players" is not a license for assault in Kaz's circumstances, no matter what non-thinkers-- reactions driven by menopause perhaps-- would do in the moment or think should be allowed in the moment.

Have a Blessed Holiday Season.
Let me help you out. I didn’t say it was incorrect. I said the idea of turning that interaction into a criminal assault accusation is a massive overreaction. Beyond that I don’t care what you think about it.

TCUWIN

if you can have Samples, Gru, Kelly on the offensive side that’s huge. More for recruiting than anything else, although their respective position groups certainly perform.

DC is the million dollar question (literally) at this point. And OL coach is pretty big also
excuse my stupidity, but who is Gru? If we add Riley or Harrell as OC/QB coach and the OL coach from USC with Samples and Kelly. Pretty solid. like you said, defensive staff is critical. And special teams coach.

GenXFrog

Response to the OP title...

Based on what is happening in Iowa, they can all go. While it would be nice to keep Kelly and Applewhite, I won't stress if they go.

So much bad out there right now.