• The KillerFrogs

which is more irritating?

Limey Frog

iu

iu

netty2424

Listening to USC's fight song or Boomer Sooner for an extended time? I don't mind Texas Fight or even the Aggies' songs, and in fact even like Baylor's and Tech's songs, but Boomer and USC (men of Troy) drive me crazy, plus SMOO's coming round the mountain.
Boomer Sooner is simply played way too often. It’s an absolute beat down after the 35th time in the first quarter.

Limp Lizard

I watch the USC cheerleaders and I hear nothing.

Smoo easily first as far as getting tired of hearing it. I remember it being played much more the OU plays Boomer Sooner (with its stolen melody).

But isn't that part of it all, to get under the opponents' skins?

Anything aggy is a big thumbs down for me. Every damn song in a military march rhythm. Ugh!

BTW, watching a few Arky games on TV the last few years it doesn't seem like they do their Sooie thing as much as they did when I went to TCU in the 60s and 70s.

I kinda like USC's song and Michigan's (lots of high schools used to use it).

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Smoo easily first as far as getting tired of hearing it. I remember it being played much more the OU plays Boomer Sooner (with its stolen melody).

Anything aggy is a big thumbs down for me. Every damn song in a military march rhythm. Ugh!

BTW, watching a few Arky games on TV the last few years it doesn't seem like they do their Sooie thing as much as they did when I went to TCU in the 60s and 70s.

Most of Aggie stuff comes from Patton:D

YA

I have a couple of nephews and nieces that went to aggie. They are so proud of the band and the marches they do.

I like to remind them it isn't hard to play the same limited songs and marches over and over ever year for the last 70 years or so.

froginaustin

They don't usually score as much as they used to against TCU in the late 60's and 70's.

Mean Purple

Listening to USC's fight song or Boomer Sooner for an extended time? I don't mind Texas Fight or even the Aggies' songs, and in fact even like Baylor's and Tech's songs, but Boomer and USC (men of Troy) drive me crazy, plus SMOO's coming round the mountain.
Boomer is the worst. USC's fight song is pretty cool, IMO. Obviously, both are storied programs. But Boomer is white trash.