• ACC

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • AAC/Mountain West/Conference USA

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

HG73

What I mean to say is that the rankings of the teams playing matter to casual (non alum) viewers. Over the last ten years TCU has been ranked what, 47 times? And that’s a trend likely to continue.

ranked Clemson vs ranked tcu certainly draws more interest than Clemson vs any unranked program not named FSU. I don’t think you can think of viewers in such a way as to only count alums and metropolitan areas anymore.
Agree. I bet the casual fan who wants to see a couple of good teams greatly outnumbers the alumni.

Limey Frog

We will let let you guys win in September if you lend us a hand into the Big 12 lifeboat…deal?

Speaking for myself, IF the Big XII is a life raft I'd be thrilled to have SMU in it. I want all the Texas schools in the league we can get. I'm not a marketing bod whose job is to talk crap about 'eyeballs' and 'footprints' and blah, blah, blah. I'm a fan. I want TCU to play our rivals in games that matter.

Klaw

PAC does not want TT, OSU, KSU, and WV academically. They don't want Kansas and baylor for obvious reasons, and not just because they are going on probation. We are the best fit for them if they want in the Central Time Zone. Or they can die a slow agonizing death in the dark.

Kinda like when we got into the Big12, we were the best available.

I agree with your post. PAC 12 already has their Lubbocks (Pullman and Corvallis). The Dallas/ Fort Worth market is where eyeballs and recruits are located. Also it is a easy location for teams and school admin to travel to for events which is a key factor for the existing PAC 12.

If the PAC 12 wants to add Okie Lite and TT, I understand for rivalries and travel partners but what does TT and Okie Lite bring over us?

HG73

ags won't block texas, they have been sold out as schools like mizzou and uga have no reason to vote with the ags

nd has a contractual agreement with the acc to join them if they join a conference as part of their parking their other sports

don't agree on partnering with the service academies if the idea is eyes on tv's

acc needs nothing from the big 12 remainders as they have clemson and potential fsu and the u which are far bigger brands than anyone remaining in the big 12
What's wrong with a service academy or three? Lots of "alumni" who would watch more if their academy was in a better conference, better academics, not bringing in a G5 team that might compete with us in the next realignment, lots of good PR and they're all competitive in FB now.

LisaLT

A number of fascinating points here...

Yet, 1.) Is this 'UT and OU to the SEC' thing a done deal? All inked and blotted? Nothing left to do but grab some Scotch and a good cigar?

2.) If #1 is indeed a done deal, the the BIGXII is Dead Conference Walking. It was essentially a vehicle to showcase UT anyway, and if that's done, well...

3.) Del Conte had to have been the prime mover here. I can't see that guy taking a back seat to anybody in full negotiating mode. I find it curious that he didn't give his old buddy Donati a heads up on all this. Maybe he did. Maybe there's some things already percolating that we have no knowledge of. You know, like this UT OU thing 48 hours ago...

4.) Everybody is fixated on ESPN/Disney in terms of broadcast rights. They're not the only game in town anymore. Amazon, YouTube, Netflix, all have the need for content, and have a zillion subscribers who will be ecstatic to get games without the ESPN baggage (5 minute commercial breaks, with the Same Damned Ads). They don't have to adhere to the normal rules of syndication/local broadcast/etc. They can do what they damned well please.

5.) Merge the PAC with the headless corpse of the BIGXII. Cut loose some deadwood (Baylor). Call it the Great Western Conference, or better, the Biggest Football Determinant*. Work out a Tier 1 arrangement with Amazon, or whoever. Profit!

*Who doesn't want to be in the BFD?
Funny you mention Amazon seeing as Jeff Bezos younger brother Mark, is a TCU alum. He needs to get involved :)

4th. down

maybe the next group of football and basketball coaches

dirtbag raised a really good issue in that it could get really interesting in making the decisions that will need to be made if the frogs are faced with a significant reduction in revenue

only so many sports you can cut and even if you do something like drop men's swimming/diving how much money do we actually save?

A numbers cruncher needs to step up here.......drop all non revenue sports and see how much we save.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
It's the Pac or bust. The ACC doesn't want us.

From the story on espn.com......

If the Big 12 potentially falls apart, many have speculated that four, 16-team super conferences would form as a result, leaving the Big Ten, ACC, Pac-12 and SEC as the powers in college athletics. One ACC AD said he saw little value to be gained by adding any of the remaining Big 12 members.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...homa-move-sec-hurdles-domino-effects-know-far

McFroggin

It's the Pac or bust. The ACC doesn't want us.

From the story on espn.com......

If the Big 12 potentially falls apart, many have speculated that four, 16-team super conferences would form as a result, leaving the Big Ten, ACC, Pac-12 and SEC as the powers in college athletics. One ACC AD said he saw little value to be gained by adding any of the remaining Big 12 members.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...homa-move-sec-hurdles-domino-effects-know-far

One ACC AD opinion has 0 value.

CountryFrog

It’s PAC time for TCU. Perfect fit! Great west coast locations to visit and venues to play in! Parties galore. USC vs TCU can’t wait! Bring it!
Stop being so selfish Lisa. The entire world doesn't revolve around southern CA.

It revolves around south Florida. ACC is what we need!