• The KillerFrogs

What we get with UH

Wexahu

Uh average home attendance for the last five years is 32174. They're ranked #70 out of 130 teams.

I have a really hard time believing 32,174 would rank #70 out of 130 teams. But the tickets sold to actual attendance ratios are so out of whack it's hard to tell. If we had 32,000 people at a game, it would feel like a full house, no joke. I've been to a lot of those "well-attended" games and the number of empty seats in my section is shocking at times. And my seats aren't the best, but they are far from the worst too.
Personally, I think people would be shocked at how few people are actually attending some of these games. That goes for all schools except maybe the top 20%. Stadium sizes could be about cut in half at a lot of places and everyone that wanted to go could still go.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It should go up with a home schedule that isn’t Tulane, Tulsa, East Carolina, and USF. But we’ll see. Getting close to glass houses a bit here.
Our attendance in the few years that preceded joining the Big 12 were better than UH with a much smaller school. Comparing big 12 attendance to their AAC attendance is an unfair comparison. But pre big 12 to AAC seems fair and we were better.

Wexahu

Our attendance in the few years that preceded joining the Big 12 were better than UH with a much smaller school. Comparing big 12 attendance to their AAC attendance is an unfair comparison. But pre big 12 to AAC seems fair and we were better.

Well, yeah, we were 36-3 in those seasons. Not sure that is an apples to apples comparison either.

LVH

We drew 40+ for the last few games

That said, I don't think TCU wants to talk attendance considering how many empty stadium pics are floating around during Big 12 games.

Pics taken 20 minutes before kickoff when most people are hiding from the sun

Mean Purple

I hit up the UH v Rice game today with friends. I get that it is Rice, but it is a city rivalry like us v SMU. Rice’s stadium seats 47,000 (close to us). Their QB is Christian McCaffrey’s brother. Total in attendance was probably close to 2,000 total. Everyone could have fit between the 40’s in the lower level. I sat 50 yard line 12 rows up from the field and other than my party, no one else sat within arms reach. It isn’t bragging when no one else wants your seats. I drove up and parked 3 rows from the stadium, which shocked me. I tried talking up some UH fans about the Big 12. Men in their 30’s that attended couldn’t name the Big 12 teams. They barely knew they were changing conferences. None were interested in talking about other teams.

I sat on the UH side, so I had limited time with Rice fans. The little interactions I had were all more friendly and wanted to talk about conference changes, TCU, and football in general.

In no way am I saying that the Big 12 should add Rice, but adding UH is like adding a less educated Texas Tech with much fewer fans. I don’t see it.
I repeat earlier posts on the board that I have made. We should have taken Memphis instead.

Eight

We drew 40+ for the last few games

That said, I don't think TCU wants to talk attendance considering how many empty stadium pics are floating around during Big 12 games.

which last few? you drew just under 23K this weekend hosting grambling and if you mean the opener against tech that you ran ads for all over houston, the paper, and the news that drew just under 44,000

really confused now trying to understand which few were the last few, but barry (a.k.a. chopped liver) is on board with you so you have that going for you

which last few? you drew just under 23K this weekend hosting grambling and if you mean the opener against tech that you ran ads for all over houston, the paper, and the news that drew just under 44,000

really confused now trying to understand which few were the last few, but barry (a.k.a. chopped liver) is on board with you so you have that going for you
upload_2021-9-20_11-35-2.jpeg
THIS AIN’T Chopped Liver

Houston Chronicle
Article by Robert Stanton (condensed)
Feb. 2, 2018

Analyzed FBI Data: "Neighborhoods in America with the highest predicted

rates of crime"....."Coming in at #15 in the U.S. is a Houston neighborhood

located in Houston's Third Ward...a broad geographical area that includes

the University of Houston and Texas Southern University".

I live in Houston. God does give us an enema every 10 years or so. The last two were named Harvey and Ike.
Clever, Horned Frogger. You appear sparingly but with good content.

2001 Tropical Storm Allison was another. It unexpectedly stalled over Houston. I was stuck at a very nice cigar bar at Kirby and Westheimer till four in the morning. Then waded home in shin to knee high water, carrying my gal. I think it was 40 inches in that hood.

Last edited:

westoverhillbilly

I personally lobbied our admin to vote to not include UH. Now that they're included, I look forward to going there every other year in that the city has alot to offer. I was transferred to Houston reluctantly and lived there from Labor Day 1981 to Labor Day 1986 and ended up really enjoying living there- great people and plenty to do.

Like us, UH has difficulty in getting fans into their stadium but for very different reasons. They have a much smaller core of fans than we do despite the huge alumni base who are pretty typically uncaring about UH football. When they played in Fort Worth in the SWC and CUSA, they would bring fans numbering in the low hundreds (if that) and I expect the same in the years to come.

WIN

I hit up the UH v Rice game today with friends. I get that it is Rice, but it is a city rivalry like us v SMU. Rice’s stadium seats 47,000 (close to us). Their QB is Christian McCaffrey’s brother. Total in attendance was probably close to 2,000 total. Everyone could have fit between the 40’s in the lower level. I sat 50 yard line 12 rows up from the field and other than my party, no one else sat within arms reach. It isn’t bragging when no one else wants your seats. I drove up and parked 3 rows from the stadium, which shocked me. I tried talking up some UH fans about the Big 12. Men in their 30’s that attended couldn’t name the Big 12 teams. They barely knew they were changing conferences. None were interested in talking about other teams.

I sat on the UH side, so I had limited time with Rice fans. The little interactions I had were all more friendly and wanted to talk about conference changes, TCU, and football in general.

In no way am I saying that the Big 12 should add Rice, but adding UH is like adding a less educated Texas Tech with much fewer fans. I don’t see it.
Remember the day sitting in Amon Carter and the Frogs were playing Rice. Less than 5000 people in the stands. Turned to the friend I was with and said "we are not going to make it like this". Thankfully others saw that as well and put in the time, money and energy to change the way we looked at the future.