• The KillerFrogs

What is the Story on SMU game switch to Friday?

ATXFrog

The game is on CBS College. Nobody outside of TCU fans or hardcore college football fans will find this game on TV. So added exposure is a poor reason if that was why the game was moved from Saturday to Friday.

Did MWC force this? Did TCU agree to do this or have a choice?
I would think the higher ups would know our home schedule was lacking big time and now we lose our best Saturday home game to Friday?

Friday is for High School football!

Mike Brooks

Remembering how GP raked SMU for moving last year's game to Friday, I have to believe this was beyond our control. Certainly helps SMU. Our crowd would have been fully lathered on a Sat Nite with the Frogs undefeated and on a roll.

Good job MWC and CBS!

Trelvis

I dont know what kind of affect stadium construction had on the schedule, but that could be the reason. I know TCU requested that 2nd week off (which the MWC stuck us with AF) because it would give the construction crew and extra week. (which they still have) but just an idea.

Dr. Coach Haus

I dont know what kind of affect stadium construction had on the schedule, but that could be the reason. I know TCU requested that 2nd week off (which the MWC stuck us with AF) because it would give the construction crew and extra week. (which they still have) but just an idea.

DOubt it since we play at home with U LaMon and Port St. prior to SMU

SnoopFrogs11

It's another way for the Mountain West to screw us over again. Nobody is going to watch on TV on a Friday night which is always designated for high school football.

icemonkee

Houston....I guess baseball was more of a big deal at my HS

our football sucked.

our baseball team was ranked it the top 10 in the nation for much of my 4 years

Trelvis

Im with IceMonkee. It blows my mind that people besides students and families show up to H.S. football games. You would have to pay me to go to a H.S. sporting event.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Do you people really go to high school football games?

It's high school.
Damn. Where do you live? North Dakota? Do you have a clue how many people are at high school football games in North Texas alone on Friday night?

It puts a good number of people in position of having to make a decision and it's not right. Friday night should be for high school football only.

Only rinky dink, small-time college football teams play on Friday night. Especially twice. Guess we are on par with Akron and SMU.

ATXFrog

Where ya'll from?

I was going to ask him the same question.. This is Texas. There is a TV show called Friday Night Lights.
It's kind of a big deal.

I'm sure having two Friday night games won't go over well with High School football coaches.

Most highschoolers will go to their highschool football game over TCU game.
Their families will go as well.

I guess since our stadium will be smaller it doesn't matter but Thursday is better then Friday.

10 Key Frog

Im with IceMonkee. It blows my mind that people besides students and families show up to H.S. football games. You would have to pay me to go to a H.S. sporting event.

I'm from Texas and agree. Never saw the fascination with high school football. Of course I was from Amarillo and while not a big city it doesn't shut down for football either with 6 or 7 high schools in town. Now that I live in Fort Worth, I'd rather go to any number of events instead of high school football. I'll be there for both Friday night games decked out in purple.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
For purposes of comparison, here's a list of colleges hosting Friday games thus far (not including the Friday after Thanksgiving):

BYU (3, including TCU game in Arlington)
Louisville (2)
Arizona State
Connecticut
TCU
Syracuse
Fresno State
Kent State
Central Michigan

weklfrog

For purposes of comparison, here's a list of colleges hosting Friday games thus far (not including the Friday after Thanksgiving):

BYU (3, including TCU game in Arlington)
Louisville (2)
Arizona State
Connecticut
TCU
Syracuse
Fresno State
Kent State
Central Michigan
so out of 12 Friday nite games, the Big East (and including us) is involved in at least half of the games.

anom

This would have made "decent" sense to be on ESPN, but to be on CBSCS is a joke. the channel is a joke on saturday's... .let alone on a friday night.

As for going to HS games, i go to Aledo games every once in awhile... im a crowley person but our team sucked and most of the people i hung out with / still hang out with are from aledo. + i get to say im watchin a TCU prospect play