• The KillerFrogs

"What if everything worked like the BCS?"

Horned Toad

That was classic and I hope we don't forget what a farce the BCS is now that we are going AQ. It was unfair when it applied to us as non-AQ and will still be unfair when we move.

SoonerBredCD

That was classic and I hope we don't forget what a farce the BCS is now that we are going AQ. It was unfair when it applied to us as non-AQ and will still be unfair when we move.

You won't forget, you just won't care as much!
tongue.gif

FrogAbroad

Damn straight, amigo!

Our "place at the table" has been earned by blood, sweat and courage on the playing field in open competition, not by politicians, cronyism and deals around a conference table in metaphorical smoke-filled rooms.

If we forget where we come from and ignore the inherent injustice of the BC$ cartel we are greater hypocrites than those we have cursed for the last fifteen years.

froghair

I'll go a step further and say the BCS is still the public enemy number one for the future of college football as we know it. It is the money engine for the slush fund that ESPN has established to seize control from the NCAA. The chosen few are the only ones allowed the full benefits of the slush fund. It is to the benefit of the chosen few, to reduce the numbers of mouths to feed from the slush fund. Thus springs the idea of superconferences which will further limit the participants. ESPN in turn, will have a much easier time managing and promoting the broadcast of it's product. By virtue of small size and potential viewership, TCU is in a precarious situation for inclusion in a superconference.

Death to the BCS is still just as necessary as when the book was written. ESPN is still maneuvering to accomplish it's objectives. Financing of the LHN comes to mind. That did a pretty good job in getting the conference jumping started again. Timing of all of this is also suspicious considering that the BCS has been bloodied pretty bad over the last couple of years with Death to the BCS, the bowl expose and the Fiesta Bowl scandal. Conference realignment mania has done a pretty good job of getting that stuff out of the headlines.

Funny and brilliant. Too bad it wasn't made by ESPN, or Fox, or CBS, or NBC so because of that fact this short film gets two stars out of five. If you want to see a five star video you just need to take a look at the Texas Tech football intro video. Maybe if the makers join a real network and put in some Hollywood type actors in it instead of doing these kind of videos with other smaller entertainment groups with below average actors, than maybe it would be something that deserves recognition.

Texas Otto

Sean Keely is brilliant. Not only with product placement of his book How to Grow and Orange, but loved the sign that reads things I hate; sharks, rain, Rutgers LOL