• The KillerFrogs

What Frog Football has today what it only hoped for a few years ago

archifrog

Remember the Mountain West days when the Frogs usually only had one shot in a season to prove itself in the regular season vs a P5 conf. team...

Now we are finishing with UT, OU, Tech, and our struggling rival Baylor four weeks in a row....Used to take four seasons to play that lineup!!!

But all said ISU loss still is a punch in the gut....

Go Frogs!

kodiak

It’s very easy to separate the 40+ year old crowd from the younger crowd on here IMO.

So true. Sat next to young alumni at Alamo bowl that had never experienced a series of yearly losses. Although the feeling passes more easily, each loss stirs anxiety of more L’s to come. Thank you HCGMFP for being my anxiolytic. GO FROGS

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Remember the Mountain West days when the Frogs usually only had one shot in a season to prove itself in the regular season vs a P5 conf. team...

Now we are finishing with UT, OU, Tech, and our struggling rival Baylor four weeks in a row....Used to take four seasons to play that lineup!!!

But all said ISU loss still is a punch in the gut....

Go Frogs!
Totally agree, 97-2011 with one loss TCU had no shot at a bcs/major bowl, it was go undefeated or play another mid major in pre Christmas bowl. Now we get to play our four closest rivals in four weeks and have a shot to win all 4. Enjoy the next 4 games and forget about the postseason

Froginbedford

Totally agree, 97-2011 with one loss TCU had no shot at a bcs/major bowl, it was go undefeated or play another mid major in pre Christmas bowl. Now we get to play our four closest rivals in four weeks and have a shot to win all 4. Enjoy the next 4 games and forget about the postseason

I know this is 'Merca and everything has to be Number 1, but I think the national invitational football tournament has diminished the traditional goal of winning a conference championship....One of the reasons the Iowa State game was so hard to take is that it seems to have removed the national championship from most observers' list of could bees....Most discussion yesterday and today is all about how a combination of losses by other conferences' teams could allow TCU back into the Top Four....But it's that Big 12 banner and crystal trophy that should be the priority at this point...and that starts this Saturday...followed by the next 3 weeks. 2 of which are on the road....

FROG PARENTS 1961

It's nice not to have rivals like Southern Miss and Louisville and Houston and Cincinnati

or try Wyoming San Diego State UNLV and Air Force

Love all those aforementioned teams as they greatly helped the University get to where it is at currently.

Looking forward to Texas, Oklahoma Texas Tech and Baylor.

Conference Championship game vs Okla or Ok State or Iowa State as most probable.

Then bring on the bowls!

Sebastian S

In 2018 all our games are driveable except for 1, West Virginia.
- 9 games in the state of Texas

Man, what I would give to have that schedule when I was at TCU.

Frog DJ

Boy, am I old!

I can remember when TCU played their SWC foes in the same order every year - Arkansas, Texas Tech, A&M, Baylor, Texas, Rice and SMU.

The Frogs would open with two non-conference games, and feature a third OOC game somewhere in the middle of the season.

That basic format was in place for about 10 years, and didn't change until the late 60s, when I was a student (and not a very good one).

Go Frogs!

WhatTheFrog

Boy, am I old!

I can remember when TCU played their SWC foes in the same order every year - Arkansas, Texas Tech, A&M, Baylor, Texas, Rice and SMU.

The Frogs would open with two non-conference games, and feature a third OOC game somewhere in the middle of the season.

That basic format was in place for about 10 years, and didn't change until the late 60s, when I was a student (and not a very good one).

Go Frogs!

You ARE old. I just thought I'd confirm, since you seemed to be asking for it.

And I thought I was old when I was a student (at TTU) and Arkansas left for the SEC right before the SWC collapsed.

Froginbedford

Boy, am I old!

Go Frogs!

Uh...I remember that standard schedule...and I know how old I am....You ARE old! Hahahaha

WIN

After SWC break-up announcement, remember sitting in the stands for a Rice game at Amon Carter. There were maybe 5000 people there. Turned to a friend and said "we're not going to make it". Boy was I wrong!

Bob

And recall that he had a win over Arkansas here, the first time since 1958....I expected a SWC championship that year....
I remember expecting a football SWC championship in 1958, and guess what - it happened. Not only that, but it happened again the next year.

It is also easy to spot the fans in their mid '60s on up from those younger than 60. Because back in our days the '50s were a golden decade for Frog football.

It is strange, but that year, the Frogs lost in Iowa too, and it probably cost a national championship. But, we beat aggy, hogs, UT, and every other SWC team that year and played to a 0 - 0 tie against undefeated Air Force at a packed Cotton Bowl. Thanks to Coach Honest Abe, Jack Spikes, Hunter Ennis and all the others for the memories.