• The KillerFrogs

What are your favorite TCU favorite regular season victories?

FrogAbroad

Not a "favorite" by any means, but perhaps my most memorable, was the 34-27 win at Baylor, October 30, 1971.

About five minutes into the game, Coach Pittman fell to the ground on the sidelines. Training and medical staff attended him, then carried him from the field to hospital where he was pronounced dead from an apparent heart attack. The crowd was not told of his death until after the game, but the Horned Frogs were told at halftime. They played on. When one unit replaced another during the second half players would sit on the bench and weep for their fallen coach. Then they'd buckle up and return to the field, doing their utmost to win Coach's final game.

Sometimes victory just can't be measured by the score, but by the heart of those who don't give up in spite of circumstances.

Last edited:

TCU2002

Not a "favorite" by any means, but perhaps my most memorable, was the 34-27 win at Baylor, October 30, 1971.

About five minutes into the game, Coach Pittman fell to the ground on the sidelines. Training and medical staff attended him, then carried him from the field to hospital where we was pronounced dead from an apparent heart attack. The crowd was not told of his death until after the game, but the Horned Frogs were told at halftime. They played on. When one unit replaced another during the second half players would sit on the bench and weep for their fallen coach. Then they'd buckle up and return to the field, doing their utmost to win Coach's final game.

Sometimes victory just can't be measured by the score, but by the heart of those who don't give up in spite of circumstances.

Amazing that the game ended with a Frog W, but I can't imagine that the game would continue if it happened today. Perhaps they would have played on while his condition was unknown, but once they knew he had died? I doubt they would finish the game.