• The KillerFrogs

WFAA: Hypnotoad creator says it's 'awesome' TCU players and fans embrace his creation

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
WFAA: Hypnotoad creator says it's 'awesome' TCU players and fans embrace his creation

Author: Jay Wallis (WFAA)

FORT WORTH, Texas — Whether in Amon G. Carter Stadium, in downtown Fort Worth or scrolling through social media on a Saturday while watching college football, it's nearly impossible to avoid interacting with TCU's viral new, meme mascot.

The Hypnotoad.

The four-legged, mesmerizing amphibian has become a rallying symbol of TCU's undefeated season so far.

For the uninitiated, the Hypnotoad is from Matt Groening's futuristic animated show, "Futurama." The following is from the highly-official Futurama Fandom website:

Read more at https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...rama/287-16c7bc90-4511-4c4b-b2f0-92ed042b13c2

HFrog1999

Forget Patterson, Fred deserves to be flown out to the game!

tenor.gif

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Here is the first Twitter post that I saw and linked to on Killer Frogs.

Kevin Peters with the post - Twitter handle - @KDPeters99
Lambert's dad used to post on here regularly. Don't think he was related to Dan Jenkins' friend TJ Lambert, however.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Here is the first Twitter post that I saw and linked to on Killer Frogs.

Kevin Peters with the post - Twitter handle - @KDPeters99
So I'm confused. The media guy said the first time he saw Hypnotoad in a TCU capacity was your post back in 2015. But that post was of a story with a tweet in it that showed the Hypnotoad being used in the game against Western Virginia. So who in the media department had the idea to use Hypnotoad for that game?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
So I'm confused. The media guy said the first time he saw Hypnotoad in a TCU capacity was your post back in 2015. But that post was of a story with a tweet in it that showed the Hypnotoad being used in the game against Western Virginia. So who in the media department had the idea to use Hypnotoad for that game?
***CLASSIFIED***

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Wasn’t he related to the WVU kicker?
That is what I was referring to. "During Thursday night's game, while West Virginia's Josh Lambert was lining up to attempt a 51-yarder," Josh's dad has been on here as a member for a while. TJ Lambert was a fictional character in Semi-Tough who was a little lacking in social graces.

I am expecting a Mac article about how TCU should be sued for their use of Hypnotoad.

I’m surprised Disney hasn’t done that yet. I read that TCU reached out to them to try to work out licensing rights for merchandise and Disney told them no. They let Oregon use Donald Duck, but won’t let TCU use a minor character that appears in a handful of episodes from a show they didn’t even create.