• The KillerFrogs

Very concerned Patterson knows how to stop Max Duggan

HornyWartyToad

Gary's defense, in its heyday, was predicated on great on-field communication and everybody knowing pre-snap where they were going. What's always been underrated IMO, is what a YUGE part Bump played in making sure what the guys along the front were doing was synching and complimenting the DB scheme. Ever since Bump retired, that coordination has been very elusive, and continued to get worse over time. I'm skeptical that that kind of alchemy can just be replicated in one year with all new parts by a guy who isn't calling plays and couldn't maintain it here without his DC.
Not saying UT's defense hasn't improved a lot this year, because they sure have. But they aren't the finely-tuned Offense-suffocating machine they were when Gary's TCU units were in their prime.

P.S. agree with prior post about our OL being the key. If they can open holes for the RBs, we are good. If not, we're in trouble.

FrogCop19

Gary's defense, in its heyday, was predicated on great on-field communication and everybody knowing pre-snap where they were going. What's always been underrated IMO, is what a YUGE part Bump played in making sure what the guys along the front were doing was synching and complimenting the DB scheme. Ever since Bump retired, that coordination has been very elusive, and continued to get worse over time. I'm skeptical that that kind of alchemy can just be replicated in one year with all new parts by a guy who isn't calling plays and couldn't maintain it here without his DC.
Not saying UT's defense hasn't improved a lot this year, because they sure have. But they aren't the finely-tuned Offense-suffocating machine they were when Gary's TCU units were in their prime.

P.S. agree with prior post about our OL being the key. If they can open holes for the RBs, we are good. If not, we're in trouble.
And if they can STOP the holes opening up for the uterus D Line. That's another key.

Eight

coming into last spring the area is was most concerned about on the offensive side of the ball far and away was the interior offensive line

thought the tackles could be solid, but harris and lanz couldn't stay healthy, avila was solid, and they still were missing someone at center

steve has continued to elevate his play to where are time he has been dominant, ali is the single most important transfer the frogs got last year, and the most improved player on this roster is john lanz

if you had asked me last spring about tcu going to austin facing the potential texas defensive front i would have struggled to come up with many positives, but after what i have seen these last 9 weeks i think the frogs have a chance

time for coleman, coker, harris and lanz to unleash years of frustration built up with [ Finebaum ]ty offensive coaching and a s&c program that was damn near detrimental to the program. the man chose his friendships over the best of the program so take it out on the horns defense

2themax

If the TCU offensive line plays as physical as they did the 1st 5 games they'll win hands down.
I would love to see the defense with a turnover or 2.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
coming into last spring the area is was most concerned about on the offensive side of the ball far and away was the interior offensive line

thought the tackles could be solid, but harris and lanz couldn't stay healthy, avila was solid, and they still were missing someone at center

steve has continued to elevate his play to where are time he has been dominant, ali is the single most important transfer the frogs got last year, and the most improved player on this roster is john lanz

if you had asked me last spring about tcu going to austin facing the potential texas defensive front i would have struggled to come up with many positives, but after what i have seen these last 9 weeks i think the frogs have a chance

time for coleman, coker, harris and lanz to unleash years of frustration built up with [ #2020 ]ty offensive coaching and a s&c program that was damn near detrimental to the program. the man chose his friendships over the best of the program so take it out on the horns defense
We faced probably the best defensive front in the Conference in Ok State, and probably the best all around d-lineman last weekend. How does UT stack up against those programs?

JugbandFrog

the key is actually the five guys in front of max, especially those three along the interior offensive line

gary and pete k's defensive mindset is built on making an offensive one dimensional and then attacking the other facets of the offense with pressure and aggressive, physical secondary play

if tcu's offensive line can create running room and protect max that swings this duel in favor of the frogs, if texas, especially those two big d-tackles can stop the run game and create pressure from inside that allows texas to utilize a guy like overshown how they wish instead of committing them to stop the run

max playing well is important, but it starts with coleman, avila, ali, lanz, and coker
We also need to STICK to the run and prevent ourselves from being one-dimensional. Part of what the offense NEEDS to do early is ensure that they don't have many 3 and outs early. This will create that avalanche that we might not be able to come out of.

It will also prevent me from overdrinking and passing out drunk at halftime.

Eight

We faced probably the best defensive front in the Conference in Ok State, and probably the best all around d-lineman last weekend. How does UT stack up against those programs?

inside they are massive with coburn and sweat together are roughly 700 lbs.

they can be tough to move and have done a good job keeping their linebackers free. last week they started with three down and the 3rd was ojomo, the kid from katy tcu recruited hard.

their weakness in their front has been the play of the edge players and up until this game they haven't had a guy on the edge do the damage in the game near what wilson did last week. here is to hoping that was wilson's push for the nfl and not an issue with the tackles

they have rangy athletes at linebacker with overshown being the bell cow who could cause problems and they are big and physical in the secondary

Last edited:

hiphopfroggy

More acceptable..."an Hispanic standoff".....
Cary Grant Oops GIF

kitty watching GIF

Toad Jones

Good question. So your question is, why is Texas superior on play when compared to OkieState and KState. Because this game has the home field advantage. Usually the home team is the winner nowadays.

Most of the media I see and hear say the 7.5 is too low and should be another seven or so in the end.

Sonny has remarked a number of times in the last few days, the boys have had good practices all week.

One of Sonny's and Garrett's goal is to take the crowd out of it, right away! I mean immediately, pronto. One of Sark's goal is to beat down TCU's momentum, right away. The first 11 minutes will be as good as you can buy anywhere. Watch carefully the pass route's our boys run. If they can get by the Tex LB's and secondary for the first five yards, well, it could get real interesting, quick. Wouldn't be SOMETHING if Max first pass was to Wiley about 20 yards. Boy oh boy, headache time for the Texas staff. Then Miller pops one for 30 yards on the second play. Then a 15 yd side line pass for 10. Then Max runs that puppy in for six. Quish...there goes the excitement from DKR or until we stop Robinson. All of a sudden, the boys in NewYork are jumping and down because the ratings just jumped way up.

Deep Purple

More acceptable..."an Hispanic standoff".....

Since you're correcting language...

"a Hispanic standoff" -- not "an"
https://oneminuteenglish.org/en/a-an-before-h/

Also, the word "Mexican" is not pejorative. It's a legit descriptor for a nationality or ethnic culture -- and it's more precise. "Hispanic" includes all people of Spanish or Hispanic Latin American descent or culture -- Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Hondurans, etc. A broader term is "Latino," which includes not just Hispanics, but also people of Portuguese or Brazilian descent or culture.

crazythingsaboutgrammarnaziseveryoneknowstobetrue6_1422952729.jpg

Last edited: