• The KillerFrogs

USA v Ghana (6 EST, ESPN) Prediction Thread

10 Key Frog

Ron Swanson said:
That's what I would've figured, but it seems strange that all but 1 player on the field is wearing either neon pink or yellow cleats, and the event staff is wearing the exact same color neon pink and yellow outfits.
Think they all like the bold colors, which is a trend as a whole with all the neons. But I will leave that for HASMSP.

Lots of USA players wearing red cleats though.

Ron Swanson

10 Key Frog said:
Think they all like the bold colors, which is a trend as a whole with all the neons. But I will leave that for HASMSP.

Lots of USA players wearing red cleats though.
With the exception of that one dude, every single player on the field is wearing one of two identical colors, and they are identical to the two colors of the event staff (the dudes who are watching to make sure no one runs onto the field from the crowd).

It's gotta be coordinated, not just everyone happening to like these two colors.

10 Key Frog

fyeahamerica-montage.jpg

God Dog

DickBumpastache said:
I said 3-2 USA...close enough.

3 points against Portugal will advance us. I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!
I think a tie against Portugal should get us through. I expect Germany to have their foot off the gas by game 3 (thank god). Getting 3 points off Portugual would definitely put us through.

Any chance Obama lets us bomb Lisbon?

'Merica, scheiss Yeah!!!

Purp

Tom Brown said:
2-1 I nailed it. Y'all can eat boat.
That's like banking a half court shot in without calling glass. You didn't predict the Jozy injury so it doesn't count. If he finishes the game I think it's a wider margin. We really struggled to hold possession after he left bc we had no true target forward. I hope we can get him back later in the tournament.

Tom Brown

Purp said:
That's like banking a half court shot in without calling glass. You didn't predict the Jozy injury so it doesn't count. If he finishes the game I think it's a wider margin. We really struggled to hold possession after he left bc we had no true target forward. I hope we can get him back later in the tournament.
Bullsh. Nobody predicts injuries. That was a great pass from Bradley that altidore was running down when injured.

Purp

Tom Brown said:
Bullsh. Nobody predicts injuries. That was a great pass from Bradley that altidore was running down when injured.
I agree. Every time I see it I think he's about to make a cut to the center of the park for a dangerous run at goal. We need him back. Hopefully we can earn a point Sunday against Portugal so we won't need him for Germany. That's 2 weeks or more to rest the hammy if it is actually a strain. I think 4 points now puts us through with the -4 goal differential Portugal took today.