• The KillerFrogs

USA Today: Fans called out Arizona's poor sportsmanship following the overtime win against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
USA Today: Fans called out Arizona's poor sportsmanship following the overtime win against TCU

Screen-Shot-2022-03-21-at-9.15.00-AM.png

Andrew Joseph

Top-seeded Arizona’s second-round matchup against No. 9 seed TCU tipped off around 10 p.m. ET on Sunday, which had many college basketballs fans missing one of the truly great games of this men’s NCAA tournament. It was wild. The fans who did stay up to watch it, though, didn’t come away particularly impressed with Arizona’s postgame sportsmanship.

Throughout the game, Arizona and TCU players battled with big play after big play. Bennedict Mathurin probably had the dunk of the tournament. And TCU big man Eddie Lampkin Jr. celebrated his buckets over 7-foot-1 Christian Koloko with a “too small” gesture. The Arizona players clearly didn’t appreciate that because after the 85-80 overtime win, they went to the TCU cheering section to wave goodbye instead of heading to the handshake line.

It wasn’t the best look, particularly from a top-seeded team in a virtual home game.

Read more at https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/ariz...ortsmanship-postgame-video-fans-reaction-ncaa

ftwfrog

I have zero issues with 19 year olds waving good bye to our crowd, or with someone throwing up the “L”. They’re 19 and there was talking the whole game.

Now, the Rudy wannabe who went 1 for 10, and decided to stand behind our players and mock our alma mater? scheiss that guy. And I couldn’t even sing our entire alma mater, but don’t be talking [ Finebaum ] when you were a hindrance on your own team.

Palliative Care

When more is less
And less is more,
I look down upon the court's empty floor
And say this game will be in Frog lore.

Not for the loss or final score ,
Not for pain of a call most poor,
But instead for the heart of the core.
Valiant was their efforts and great was our crowds roar.

Against all odds it was a feat, and before the world an open door
Threw which our TCU pride does pour,
For the under Frog my soul does soar,
How hard they played for the purple and white they wore.

FrogBall09

I have zero issues with 19 year olds waving good bye to our crowd, or with someone throwing up the “L”. They’re 19 and there was talking the whole game.

Now, the Rudy wannabe who went 1 for 10, and decided to stand behind our players and mock our alma mater? scheiss that guy. And I couldn’t even sing our entire alma mater, but don’t be talking [ #2020 ] when you were a hindrance on your own team.
I don't have much of a problem with him putting it in the face of our fans - Lord knows our squad sure got our share of heckling from opposing fans and while we may not have responded directly toward a fan - we did give a little extra celebration time after a hit or after scoring when we were playing a rowdy fanbase...

My problem was really that he and several team members chose to do that instead of the handshake at the end of the game - they had plenty of time to gloat after you finished acknowledging the other team, the effort they put out and the quality of the game.

To miss it so you could basically give the finger to a set of opposing fans shows more about their immaturity and lack of respect for the game then the fact they confronted our fanbase.

Last edited:
When more is less
And less is more,

And lets not forget, in the passage of time
An action by a fiendish churl
The ungraceful paw of a wildcat swine
Thrust on the breast of a frog showgirl

When more is less
And less is more,

I am impressed—very good. A “like” was not sufficient.

Rabidfrog

When more is less
And less is more,

Dam fine poem.