• The KillerFrogs

Uniforms?

4 Oaks Frog

I think “our brand” is that we do vary our look. The fact that we are the Horned Frogs is never in doubt in any uniform we use. Our identity is always present.
I love our traditional Purple and Whites. They looked wonderful in the Rose Bowl and the Peach Bowl and such. They are like our Dress Uniforms.
That said, I love the variations of the uniforms the Frogs wore last night. The Spit Blood black, purple and red was introduced for a UT game a few years back. The departure from some form of dominant purple didn’t set well with a lot of folks, but it became a part of our brand, as well.
Plus cycling in our different retro mascots and “TCU” scripts on the Frog helmet is a great idea. We’ve had some great mascot art over the decades, and bringing those back on our helmets shouts nothing but tradition and brand. I can think of nothing more boring than the stale old Alabama look every time we took the field.
Now, the retro Horned Frog looked super on our helmets yesterday, but whoever painted them on the field should be talked to. It looked like it was done by Miss Jones 4th grade art class with a box of Crayola Crayons. I don’t know how it looked on tv, but it was dreadful in person…

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I luv the spit blood uniforms and the helmet that we have worn with them in the past.

The problem I have is with that logo from yesterday. You can't tell [ What the heck? ] it is. It damn sure doesn't look like a frog or a lizard. Looks like a damn zombie owl or something.

Let's be honest, if we weren't TCU fans and saw that logo somewhere would any of us associate it with TCU or a horned frog or lizard or anything like that. I know I wouldn't.

4 Oaks Frog

I luv the spit blood uniforms and the helmet that we have worn with them in the past.

The problem I have is with that logo from yesterday. You can't tell [ What the heck? ] it is. It damn sure doesn't look like a frog or a lizard. Looks like a damn zombie owl or something.

Let's be honest, if we weren't TCU fans and saw that logo somewhere would any of us associate it with TCU or a horned frog or lizard or anything like that. I know I wouldn't.
I would, but I am old, and I remember it from the past. However, the logo painted on the field was less than a work of art, and was unrecognizable.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I would, but I am old, and I remember it from the past. However, the logo painted on the field was less than a work of art, and was unrecognizable.
It doesn't have anything to do with age. If you were never a TCU student or a TCU fan, you would have no idea what the hell that is.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I like that frog better than steroid frog. It was the first helmet I remember as a kid and I thought it looked good on the helmet and the field.