• The KillerFrogs

UNBELIEEEEVABLE! Frogs Baseball!

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(OldSchoolFrog @ Jun 6 2010, 10:59 AM) [snapback]569447[/snapback]
From my seats in my lower level reserved seats, my wife and I observed one of the worse leadership things we had seen since her old COO cleared about a bunch of his low level troops to get better seats for he and his family at a Lyle Lovett concert in Austin….

Fast Forward to 2010, and my witness of something that made me more uncomfortable from a leadership and class perspective than I have ever seen from a high level administrator.

During the later innings of the game, A/AD Davis Babb, a Super Class Act, appeared to be forced to do dirty work for his classless boss, Emperor Chris Del Conte, who seemingly invoked the emperor’s right of eminent domain when looking for seats outside the AD suite for he, his wife, and 2 daughters (who appeared very cordial and nice BTW). DB, uncomfortably, asked for the four seats to be vacated since they “belonged†to someone else.

Who did those seats, about to be grabbed by eminent domain, so that Emperor DC could sit there, belong to? We may never know, other than I know for certain that EDC did not sit in those seats ALL SEASON. But the four members of a family that looked like they were there about 8 strong on two rows were clearly, all Alums or spouse Fans, ranging in age from the mid 20s – mid60s…

What’s more unbelievable – EDC + family, got up 2 innings later, left and apologized to no one, other than saying when passing the family on the concourse “hey you can have those seats back now….â€

What’s downright classless – that all around class act, Asst AD Babb returns, either from embarrassment at his boss or at the direction of EDC, to apologize to the family once they had sat back down in disbelief...

Now maybe the seats were not theirs to begin with, but there were a lot of lower bowl, season ticket holder seats empty, and as long as they get filled with yelling fans, then I am fine with squatters taking vacant seats. But even squatters know that the code of squatters is don’t unsquat previously squatted on seats….

I guess EDC missed the class I got as a 2LT - on “leaders eat last, get the worse seats, and always take care of troops, fans, supporters, staff, firstâ€.

You stay Classy, Emperor Del Conte… Next time ask someone in a Frog Cap to get a round of drinks and wash your car while your cruising around the Country Club Pool circuit you love doing so well that you get anointed with your contract.

Cry me a river!!!! I personally investigated this! Those were Del Conte's seats for his Family. No one was rude!

You have a chip on your shoulder about TCU supporters who sit on the west side of Amon Carter too. You are stereotyping Del Conte & anyone that you consider the "country club" crowd. I can tell you this for certain, without the so-called "country club" crowd you are referring too....there is NO TCU. At least not the great institution, as we know it today.

I too, get irritated by a person who's money or position makes them feel like they are "greater" than others. However, there is NO evidence of this here. It is your perception & not the facts. It also makes you sound very insecure when you speak in such generalities about certain groups of people.

Del Conte is doing a super job of fund raising for our new stadium. Not sure what your personal beef with him involves. I encourage you to make an appointment with him & state your grievance. It is wrong to smash him & his family without knowing the facts on here. If you have a 'personal' grievance, I suggest you keep it off this board.

Scott

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 7 2010, 12:05 AM) [snapback]570029[/snapback]
Del Conte is doing a super job of fund raising for our new stadium. Not sure what your personal beef with him involves. I encourage you to make an appointment with him & state your grievance. It is wrong to smash him & his family without knowing the facts on here. If you have a 'personal' grievance, I suggest you keep it off this board.

Scott

Thanks for introducing us to your brother ... man, a couple of BIG dudes walking around. :biggrin: