• The KillerFrogs

UNBELIEEEEVABLE! Frogs Baseball!

OldSchoolFrog

Cheers:
Coach Jim Schlossnagle:
Loved your post-game interview. Especially your comment about the home crowd energy that you wished you could get that type of energy at every game. CHEERS to that!

We have a great crowd, and while even some of them can get a little nasty and personal with the opposing teams, in moments where the “golf clappers” go silent, someone is picking up the slack. Love the Ole’ Ole’ Ole’ after an opposing team error, and these loud crowders give blue a piece of their mind on bad calls, and the best donut shops in town. They also tend to be the ones to turn around and get the 3000+ stomping and clapping at the right points on key plays.

Bring it again tonight!

Cheers Coach! Thanks for enjoying and regularly the rowdy crowd. We try and make Lupton a bad place for competitors to want to come to.

Cheers to the Heckling Students –
Who regularly show up and hurl some of the most creative heckling out, which I have seen on the NCAA circuit. I’d enter us right up there with Duke students in Basketball…

Cheers:
Coach Lopez: Your post-game was as funny as Parcells or Sqaq….

From my seats in my lower level reserved seats, my wife and I observed one of the worse leadership things we had seen since her old COO cleared about a bunch of his low level troops to get better seats for he and his family at a Lyle Lovett concert in Austin….

Fast Forward to 2010, and my witness of something that made me more uncomfortable from a leadership and class perspective than I have ever seen from a high level administrator.

During the later innings of the game, A/AD Davis Babb, a Super Class Act, appeared to be forced to do dirty work for his classless boss, Emperor Chris Del Conte, who seemingly invoked the emperor’s right of eminent domain when looking for seats outside the AD suite for he, his wife, and 2 daughters (who appeared very cordial and nice BTW). DB, uncomfortably, asked for the four seats to be vacated since they “belonged” to someone else.

Who did those seats, about to be grabbed by eminent domain, so that Emperor DC could sit there, belong to? We may never know, other than I know for certain that EDC did not sit in those seats ALL SEASON. But the four members of a family that looked like they were there about 8 strong on two rows were clearly, all Alums or spouse Fans, ranging in age from the mid 20s – mid60s…

What’s more unbelievable – EDC + family, got up 2 innings later, left and apologized to no one, other than saying when passing the family on the concourse “hey you can have those seats back now….”

What’s downright classless – that all around class act, Asst AD Babb returns, either from embarrassment at his boss or at the direction of EDC, to apologize to the family once they had sat back down in disbelief...

Now maybe the seats were not theirs to begin with, but there were a lot of lower bowl, season ticket holder seats empty, and as long as they get filled with yelling fans, then I am fine with squatters taking vacant seats. But even squatters know that the code of squatters is don’t unsquat previously squatted on seats….

I guess EDC missed the class I got as a 2LT - on “leaders eat last, get the worse seats, and always take care of troops, fans, supporters, staff, first”.

You stay Classy, Emperor Del Conte… Next time ask someone in a Frog Cap to get a round of drinks and wash your car while your cruising around the Country Club Pool circuit you love doing so well that you get anointed with your contract.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
While at Rice they never had to worry about that... (In football at least)

Really, you'd think he'd learn far more about things by being incognito than sounding the trumpets and bells to signify his arrival. Also, way to make an impression on people in the close-knit Frog world, newcomer!

Top's posting of the 'Ode to Lance' article brought to mind our old AD who I remember standing against the wall, blending in with the decor at the Signing Day gig at Colonial a few years ago. He was perfectly content to be in the background.

I hope CDC is not looking at TCU as simply a stepping-stone. TCU is a finely lofty place, as many have found. Besides, that next step may be a doozy!

Houston Frog

QUOTE(OldSchoolFrog @ Jun 6 2010, 10:59 AM) [snapback]569447[/snapback]
We have a great crowd, and while even some of them can get a little nasty and personal with the opposing teams....

Sorry, I had a few too many adult beverages..... but come on, the guy's name was "Jett" with two T's

West Coast Johnny

Jeers to the Arizona head coach who intentionally slowed the game down by forcing his batters to watch the wild gesticulations of his 3rd base coach who was giving meaningless signs with no runners on base. How'd the slow down strategy work for you, Andy? Way to market your sport - try to turn it into a 4 hour snoozer.

OldSchoolFrog

QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Jun 6 2010, 04:27 PM) [snapback]569463[/snapback]
Jeers to the Arizona head coach who intentionally slowed the game down by forcing his batters to watch the wild gesticulations of his 3rd base coach who was giving meaningless signs with no runners on base. How'd the slow down strategy work for you, Andy? Way to market your sport - try to turn it into a 4 hour snoozer.

So very, very true..... Coach 44 deserved more heckling than Jetty

Other than the guest appearance of Stork. Can he dunk?

Purple Geezer

QUOTE(BrewingFrog @ Jun 6 2010, 04:16 PM) [snapback]569456[/snapback]
While at Rice they never had to worry about that... (In football at least)

Really, you'd think he'd learn far more about things by being incognito than sounding the trumpets and bells to signify his arrival. Also, way to make an impression on people in the close-knit Frog world, newcomer!

Top's posting of the 'Ode to Lance' article brought to mind our old AD who I remember standing against the wall, blending in with the decor at the Signing Day gig at Colonial a few years ago. He was perfectly content to be in the background.

I hope CDC is not looking at TCU as simply a stepping-stone. TCU is a finely lofty place, as many have found. Besides, that next step may be a doozy!

You can bet it's a stepping stone. Soon as the stadium renovation gets done, he's outta here.

ftwfrog

QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Jun 6 2010, 10:27 AM) [snapback]569463[/snapback]

Amen. Had a great time, but that seemed like the longest game in the history of baseball last night. 12 pitching changes, taking signs with no outs and nobody on, I think I dozed off 3 or 4 times in the later innings.

Big Frog II

QUOTE(Purple Geezer @ Jun 6 2010, 10:54 AM) [snapback]569475[/snapback]
You can bet it's a stepping stone. Soon as the stadium renovation gets done, he's outta here.

And just how do you know that?

OldSchoolFrog

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 6 2010, 05:15 PM) [snapback]569487[/snapback]
Wow. Tough day for TCU AD's past and present on Kf.c today.

Not sure on past.... Who cares about ancient history anyway, other than thank goodness we have CGP, CJS, and CJC..... ADAC DB, and the scores of loyal fans/alums who keep the season ticket sales growing, the games fun, and the RECRUITS coming!!!

The only jeers I have is for Emperor Del Conte and golf clappers....

GO FROGS! On to Omaha and Back to Phoenix!!

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(OldSchoolFrog @ Jun 6 2010, 10:59 AM) [snapback]569447[/snapback]
Cheers to the Heckling Students –
Who regularly show up and hurl some of the most creative heckling out, which I have seen on the NCAA circuit. I’d enter us right up there with Duke students in Basketball…

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that one. There was a row of drunk frat boys sitting near me who wouldn't shut up even after being asked, with remarkable tact, to cool it. It was obnoxious and embarrassing.

Also, cheers to Chancellor Boschini for wearing slacks and dress shoes without socks. That's a bold fashion choice.

OldSchoolFrog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Jun 6 2010, 06:42 PM) [snapback]569532[/snapback]
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that one. There was a row of drunk frat boys sitting near me who wouldn't shut up even after being asked, with remarkable tact, to cool it. It was obnoxious and embarrassing.

Also, cheers to Chancellor Boschini for wearing slacks and dress shoes without socks. That's a bold fashion choice.

Agree to Disagree. They may have been the same drunk row of Frat Rats that keep us 40 to 50 something year olds giggling in stiches.. but hey, I tend to think all our sporting enviroments are more suited to center court at Wimbeldon, than spirted College Sports. Even Clemson had some vicious fans during the game (since I was in thier section) kept my ears ringing.... but they shook hands and invited us for drinks at thier tailgate, before, during half and after the game.

Agree. Dig the sockless thing! Especially at 100+ degree heat...

Dogfrog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Jun 6 2010, 01:42 PM) [snapback]569532[/snapback]

Heckling at TCU baseball games is a time worn and honored tradition. The late great Whitewolf, of Kf.c fame, is in the baseball heckling HOF.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(OldSchoolFrog @ Jun 6 2010, 01:51 PM) [snapback]569536[/snapback]
Agree to Disagree. They may have been the same drunk row of Frat Rats that keep us 40 to 50 something year olds giggling in stiches.. but hey, I tend to think all our sporting enviroments are more suited to center court at Wimbeldon, than spirted College Sports. Even Clemson had some vicious fans during the game (since I was in thier section) kept my ears ringing.... but they shook hands and invited us for drinks at thier tailgate, before, during half and after the game.

Agree. Dig the sockless thing! Especially at 100+ degree heat...

Were you in section T? It wasn't just a bit of heckling, these guys were loud in general. There was really no choice but to overhear the entirety of their conversations. And then when they finally left, they got up in the middle of an at-bat, causing me to miss a play.

Frog DJ

One of ecto's roommates at TCU was a Frog reliever in his playing days (possessed the best ERA on the team his senior year). At a UNM game he heckled the Lobo on-deck batter by saying, "Hey - #23! Are you gonna do something spectacular, or should I just go to the bathroom?"

When the guy popped up a few minutes later he waited until #23 arrived back at the dugout before he said, "Aw, I guess I shoulda just gone on and peed!"

Go Frogs!

ectofrog

QUOTE(Frog DJ @ Jun 6 2010, 02:47 PM) [snapback]569587[/snapback]
One of ecto's roommates at TCU was a Frog reliever in his playing days (possessed the best ERA on the team his senior year). At a UNM game he heckled the Lobo on-deck batter by saying, "Hey - #23! Are you gonna do something spectacular, or should I just go to the bathroom?"

When the guy popped up a few minutes later he waited until #23 arrived back at the dugout before he said, "Aw, I guess I shoulda just gone on and peed!"

Go Frogs!

Love the heckling...John and I did a lot of it when those guys were playing. Part of the time-honored tradition of college baseball. No hecklers = bad crowd. It has to be done.

OldSchoolFrog

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 6 2010, 08:17 PM) [snapback]569613[/snapback]
Love the heckling...John and I did a lot of it when those guys were playing. Part of the time-honored tradition of college baseball. No hecklers = bad crowd. It has to be done.

True dat..