• The KillerFrogs

UH not letting Tech wear white this weekend

Chongo94

Home team gets to decide but they have to do so before the season. I'm guessing Tech screwed it up which I know would be shocking to us all.

This appears to be the case...having something to do with games times. UH would let them know once the game time was decided and apparently when they let Tech know they couldn’t hash out an agreement afterwards.

froginaustin

Only thing in West Texas at the time of slavery was grass and Comanche.

Well, maybe a few frontiersmen or other non-Comanche people who were either (1) very alert, stealthy, and careful; (2) in deep doo-doo; or (3) dead. Maybe all 3, serially. T.R. Fehrenbach (sp?) is an entertaining resource for information on this sort of thing.

TCUdirtbag

Houston is being soooo petty, and I’m here for it. College sports and pettiness go hand-in-hand. Especially among old SWC rivals.

Sidebar—that should be a fun game to watch. 3:15 on FOX, so should wrap up in time for TCU-OSU.

Same Ole Wiley

If Bob thinks they were growing cotton in west Texas during civil war (war between the states) time, Bob has some serious history reading to do.

Because we all know that slavery started during the american civil war.

DERF!

Sounds like you and Bob should brush up together.

Frog-in-law1995

Houston is being soooo petty, and I’m here for it. College sports and pettiness go hand-in-hand. Especially among old SWC rivals.

Sidebar—that should be a fun game to watch. 3:15 on FOX, so should wrap up in time for TCU-OSU.

Same time as Boise at Ok State. Looking forward to that one as well.

Brog

Because we all know that slavery started during the american civil war.

DERF!

Sounds like you and Bob should brush up together.

Wiley, pay attention. We're not talking about slavery here. Talking about growing cotton in West Texas in the early/mid 1800's. My great-great-great grandfather and family moved out to the area around Rotan in 1880, and introduced the idea of cotton growing there. Don't think it was different elsewhere in west Texas.
. Again, when did growing cotton in west Texas start. Not slavery.

Lone Frog

Wiley, pay attention. We're not talking about slavery here. Talking about growing cotton in West Texas in the early/mid 1800's. My great-great-great grandfather and family moved out to the area around Rotan in 1880, and introduced the idea of cotton growing there. Don't think it was different elsewhere in west Texas.
. Again, when did growing cotton in west Texas start. Not slavery.

My great-grandfather moved to Winters about the same time, as Reconstruction had stripped Tennessee bare. My grandmother used to tell me stories about picking cotton - in their fields and neighbors' fields - from dawn to dusk. Missed so much school doing it she didn't graduate high school until she was 20 or 21.

Brog

My great-grandfather moved to Winters about the same time, as Reconstruction had stripped Tennessee bare. My grandmother used to tell me stories about picking cotton - in their fields and neighbors' fields - from dawn to dusk. Missed so much school doing it she didn't graduate high school until she was 20 or 21.

Unless you're REAL old, your grandmother wasn't picking cotton during civil war days.

HoustonVeer

Tech asked Houston if the Coogs would be willing to wear charcoal and let Tech wear white. In other words, Tech did not want Houston to even wear home red!

Houston said it would depend on the game time. Even though historical weather reports are available for the second Saturday in Sept, there was no way for Houston to know really how hot is was going to be that far out.

Once the game time was set for 3PM, Houston let Tech know (in the summer) that they did not want to switch. As is our right.

Finally, let's not forget Texas Tech wore black for their "Cotton" game in 2014 vs Arkansas. It's not decreed that they must wear white to celebrate Cotton growers. They are free to wear black on Saturday again.

The fact that Tech is trying to make Houston look bad in the press over this is petty and reflects poorly on them.

MTfrog5

Tech asked Houston if the Coogs would be willing to wear charcoal and let Tech wear white. In other words, Tech did not want Houston to even wear home red!

Houston said it would depend on the game time. Even though historical weather reports are available for the second Saturday in Sept, there was no way for Houston to know really how hot is was going to be that far out.

Once the game time was set for 3PM, Houston let Tech know (in the summer) that they did not want to switch. As is our right.

Finally, let's not forget Texas Tech wore black for their "Cotton" game in 2014 vs Arkansas. It's not decreed that they must wear white to celebrate Cotton growers. They are free to wear black on Saturday again.

The fact that Tech is trying to make Houston look bad in the press over this is petty and reflects poorly on them.
He’s back!