• The KillerFrogs

U.S. Open fantasy foursome

JogginFrog

@Froglaw likely calling to mind that Hogan won his first pro title at Pinehurst at the 1940 North & South. He opened with 66-67 to lead by 7, then held on for dear life. Said Valerie Hogan, "Ben always said the only way he would win his first title would be to get so far out in front of the field that nobody could catch him on the final day."

It opened the floodgates. Hogan won the next two weeks as well on his way to that year's money and scoring titles.

ShreveFrog

Great first rounds by Rory and Cantlay. Unfortunately they were not on my roster. I may be headed to a DFL with my first round picks. o_O

bc puckett

Great first rounds by Rory and Cantlay. Unfortunately they were not on my roster. I may be headed to a DFL with my first round picks. o_O
Well I was -12. Which while it it would be the best round of my life (by a lot) I'm sure it has me on the fast track to the bottom of the standings. Hopefully my strategic lineup changes will at least make me respectable tomorrow.

JogginFrog

At the halfway mark, stitching together the individual round scores, I think @Realtorfrog is leading with -6 points. I'm 1 point back and MINWOOOOLEEEEEEEE trails by 2. Interestingly, there is zero overlap in those 3 lineups.

Be sure to replace any player who missed the cut!

Edit: And has there ever been a more clutch shot than Francesco Molinari's ace on the final hole to make the cut on the number?

Last edited:

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I gotta say, I'm enjoying DeChambeau. His commentary yesterday with Smylie was entertaining and I like his interaction with the crowd. I was a little put off by NBC floating the drone over him on the ground getting some chiropractic help for his sore hip after they had asked for some privacy. Tacky move by NBC, imo.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's play. I like Rory, too, so I hope one of them prevails.

Horned Toad

I gotta say, I'm enjoying DeChambeau. His commentary yesterday with Smylie was entertaining and I like his interaction with the crowd. I was a little put off by NBC floating the drone over him on the ground getting some chiropractic help for his sore hip after they had asked for some privacy. Tacky move by NBC, imo.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's play. I like Rory, too, so I hope one of them prevails.
DeChambeau used to be a jerk, but I have to say I’ve grown to really like him. He’s totally transformed himself. I wish he’d come back to the PGA and drop LIV. I love the way he interacts with the fans. That’s what golf needs, more players like him.

ShreveFrog

I think I did something wrong during registration. My Superbru dashboard shows me in a pool called Vigorous Falcons. It shows me middle of the pack of 19 players with a score of -10. I don't recognize any of the handles. ??? @JogginFrog Do you see my picks in the kfc pool?

bc puckett

I think I did something wrong during registration. My Superbru dashboard shows me in a pool called Vigorous Falcons. It shows me middle of the pack of 19 players with a score of -10. I don't recognize any of the handles. ??? @JogginFrog Do you see my picks in the kfc pool?
That happened tome for the PGA. Wound up in some group called something like Flying Ostriches. Given my performance this week I would have been better off if it happened again.

hometown frog

Brandel Chamblee was almost in tears as Rory was dropping shots those last couple of holes. guy is still eat up w the whole LIV vs PGA thing and can’t really just enjoy great golfers competing When a LIV player is winning.