• The KillerFrogs

Typical OU T-Shirt Fan

Ray Finkle

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/27/arizona.execution/index.html?hpt=T2

The state of Arizona executed convicted killer Jeffrey Landrigan late Tuesday after the U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for the lethal injection, a corrections official said.

The execution was carried out at 10:26 p.m. (12:26 a.m. ET), said Barrett Marson, a spokesman for the Arizona Department of Corrections.

"I'd like to say 'thank you' to my family for being here and all of my friends," were Landrigan's final words, according to Marson. He concluded with "Boomer Sooner," a cheer often used by University of Oklahoma fans.

D

Daniel Plainview

Any person's death should not be ridiculed.........this thread should be deleted.

Tragic Deaths of innocent people shouldn't be ridiculed. but this man was evil and deserved what he got and it is just fine for someone to ridicule him.

Opintel

Moderators
Any person's death should not be ridiculed.........this thread should be deleted.
You interpreted that as ridicule. The story didn't, at least as presented on this forum.

When the law is satisfied, with due diligence, then carrying out a death sentence is appropriate. Removing [ Finebaum ]s from the face of the earth is not bad. You need to wake up.

OmniscienceFrog

Puhleeeeze Mr. Lib! I probably wouldn't have started the thread if I had come across the story myself either, but to call for it to be deleted? It's not that important, one way or the other, in the overall scheme of things.

Opintel

Moderators
As an alum, I must say this is embarrassing.
It shouldn't be - you can't control, and the University can't either, what team people will root for. The odds are pretty good he never enrolled for class at OU, if that matters. People root for teams as a way to make their perceived relationship between themselves and the success (or not) of the teams a way to elevate their own feelings of self-worth. Most of us here on KFC are grumpy if the Froggies do not do well. It's natural, apparently.

Let's feel sorry for his family, they lost a relative, and usually the Mother feels a terrible loss no matter the circumstances.

OU is respected by many (all at my house) around here, because they have the balls to play TCU, unlike some of the schools here in Texas. Maybe those institutions will start to call on us, you know, just to strengthen their own SOS. :tongue:

AEAfrog

As an alum, I must say this is embarrassing.

Same here. Strange guy though: He was in prison in Oklahoma for second degree murder before escaping to Arizona and committing the murder that landed him on death row. His father was on death row in Arkansas but ultimately died before the sentence was carried out. Going to attribute his statement as a last chance attempt at getting attention before he died...

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Landrigan's last meal consisted of steak, fried okra, french fries, strawberry ice cream and a Dr. Pepper, Marson said.

That should have killed him right there....

YA

Same here. Strange guy though: He was in prison in Oklahoma for second degree murder before escaping to Arizona and committing the murder that landed him on death row. His father was on death row in Arkansas but ultimately died before the sentence was carried out. Going to attribute his statement as a last chance attempt at getting attention before he died...
Apple didn't fall far from the tree with that one!!!

Goodness, a house of murders--wonder what his mother was like? Probably a bible thumper.