• The KillerFrogs

Ty Summers and Turpin Were Awesome

Chongo94

Volare said:
How the hell did Turpin get caught from behind? Thought he was fastest guy on the team? Happened 2-3 times. Angles?
My buddy and i said the same thing. Could've been just tired.

DaCrief

Chongo94 said:
My buddy and i said the same thing. Could've been just tired.
I keep saying I don't know how his little body will survivor the season. Dude has to be tired already.

I don't remember a TCU player with more heart in all my tcu conscious years. Ryan Christian comes to mind. This little dude will fight every Arky 320 pound fat mountain to get a W for the frogs.

stbrab

Big Frog II said:
Of course the call the facemask penalty not called and no pick 6 the game wouldn't have been close.
But yes Turpin and Summers played great. 
Ifs and buts were candy and nuts...we are an undisciplined team. Has to change quickly, or our season is in the crapper.
I agree Ty and Turpin played great games.

netty2424

Turpin is a gamer, pure and simple. The brighter the lights, the more he shines. There's not a more valuable player on the team right now. Without his special teams play, that game was over long before the final play.

Mean Purple

Give Foster a chance. Hill has tossed up a pick six two weeks in a row.

He broadcast every throw. He forces into double coverage. He has yet to show any sign of being a team leader.

And if he did not put the squad into a hole, he would not have to dig back out and the yards would be less.

Froggy Style

toadallytexan said:
Seems damn strange to me, but I'm still waiting for the Patterson D to garner a significant INT.

We can't, we're too busy blitzing when we should have safeties back in a cover 2 preserving an eight point lead.  Cover 2 allows your corners to play aggressive, rather than protect against the deep route which opens up the come back.

pgdaly84 said:
Love those guys. Ready to give Foster a chance to lead this team though. Hill can take that showboating [Craig James] to Waco.
Did you want to send Jeremy Kerley to Waco back in 2009?

Because he did the throat slash a few times.

DaCrief

toadallytexan said:
Seems damn strange to me, but I'm still waiting for the Patterson D to garner a significant INT.

That wasnt a team you get INTS against yesterday. Credit to them for running a very very safe offense. Throws are medium outs or deep outs or dump off. Thats it. If your CB wants to intercept that (if you insist on man coverage on an island) they will have to undercut receivers and risk huge YAC. But our CBs are never close enough to make a play. miss guys like Nick Sanders and R. Priest - though small, they seemed to be ffast enough to be in the receiver's back pocket when the ball arrives.  

Shadow Dweller

Not that found of Hills play so far to be honest.  Dives headfirst when he should be sliding on runs is going to get himself killed at some point, telegraphs enough throws that it makes the D's job easier to defend...both pick six he's thrown he basically hung a sign on the receiver her threw to, and he tries WAY to hard it seems to force throws into closed windows.

As for the throat slash, from the stands up in 404 it looked like he was doing the Superman Rip ala Cam Newton to me.  Maybe it'll be different when I see it in replay, but I don't know.

BleedNPurple

Coaches used to pull AD his freshman and sophomore years after an interception for a few plays - get a better perspective.. Make him understand the importance of not throwing into double and triple coverage and also to not take a sack but throw the ball away.

Volare

BleedNPurple said:
Coaches used to pull AD his freshman and sophomore years after an interception for a few plays - get a better perspective.. Make him understand the importance of not throwing into double and triple coverage and also to not take a sack but throw the ball away.

This must be an indication of how terrible Sawyer has looked in comparison for them to be sticking with Hill.

I don't think Hill will do anything but give the football to the refs if he ever scores again.

Look guys, losing to those sewer rat Hogs sucks. We made a ton of mistakes last night. But, it was one heck of an exciting game.

Let's hope these young Frogs continue to learn from their mistakes and improve.

Let's support our Frogs through thick and thin.

Go Frogs! Beat Iowa State!

Latest posts