• The KillerFrogs

Ty Summers and Turpin Were Awesome

TCUBetterThanYou

I was just thinking that we had about 37 yards if you take away Turp's amazingness.

I will say I was surprised he didn't out run thier DBs on a couple of those (gamesaving) slants though.

pgdaly84

TCUBetterThanYou said:
I was just thinking that we had about 37 yards if you take away Turp's amazingness.

I will say I was surprised he didn't out run thier DBs on a couple of those (gamesaving) slants though.
He was probably tired from being the only player on offense who ran a significant distance.

Big Frog II

BAFrog92 said:
Without Turpin, Summers and Douglass, that game wasn't even close. Let. that. sink. in...
Of course the call the facemask penalty not called and no pick 6 the game wouldn't have been close.
But yes Turpin and Summers played great. 

Zubaz

Hill accounted for almost 500 yards of offense. It's absurd to suggest that a borderline call, that yes wasnt great, means he has to be benched.

TCUBetterThanYou

Todd D. said:
Hill accounted for almost 500 yards of offense. It's absurd to suggest that a borderline call, that yes wasnt great, means he has to be benched.
I'm definitely not going to bang on Hill. Playing QB in the air raid begets incompletions and some risky play. The reality, however, is that Hill's security blanket is a 5'8", 170 lb kid. If he doesn't get more help, neither will finish the season.

pgdaly84

Todd D. said:
There's more to being the QB than yards. Pick 6 and the throat slash are part of a pattern that goes back to College Station. I'd like to see how things go with Sawyer. Maybe he doesn't dig the team into a hole. If he does then you go back to Hill and take the good with the bad.

TCUBetterThanYou

pgdaly84 said:
There's more to being the QB than yards. Pick 6 and the throat slash are part of a pattern that goes back to College Station. I'd like to see how things go with Sawyer. Maybe he doesn't dig the team into a hole. If he does then you go back to Hill and take the good with the bad.
So you put in the kid who the coaches, whose job it is to evaluate these things, think is not as good as the product we're getting in Hill. Awesome! We can get lesser play and kill Hill's confidence all at once! Winning!

Defututa

TCUBetterThanYou said:
So you put in the kid who the coaches, whose job it is to evaluate these things, think is not as good as the product we're getting in Hill. Awesome! We can get lesser play and kill Hill's confidence all at once! Winning!
Now you're calling hill mentally fragile?