• The KillerFrogs

Ty Summers and Turpin Were Awesome

Ty, Douglas and Turpin were absolutely fantastic. I'm probably in the minority but I don't think Hill is the problem. He definitely needs better ball security with his passes but we also dropped 3-4 too which didn't help.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Turpin was indeed awesome. Ty and Sammy Douglas were playing well. Even Hill did well with his feet and when looking over the middle. Ty Slanina needs some love too IMHO. He was doing dirty work in the middle and at the hashes, and for a guy who recently had a painful injury he was not afraid to get hit. At least two or three first down receptions.

cdsfrog

Todd D. said:
Hill accounted for almost 500 yards of offense. It's absurd to suggest that a borderline call, that yes wasnt great, means he has to be benched.
Not to mention Sawyer is really horrible. We barely beat kansas with him last year.

2themax

I don't think anyone on the defensive side had an exceptional game. There were times where they completely missed it. Now I did see some with promise, but overall they seemed listless. Frogs need more tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage. Stops 4-5 yds or further down field are not commendable.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
satis1103 said:
Turpin was indeed awesome. Ty and Sammy Douglas were playing well. Even Hill did well with his feet and when looking over the middle. Ty Slanina needs some love too IMHO. He was doing dirty work in the middle and at the hashes, and for a guy who recently had a painful injury he was not afraid to get hit. At least two or three first down receptions.
It seemed like every third and five was converted by Slanina.

stbrab

Just finished watching the replay on my DVR. I actually feel better. The effort was there, but the mistakes killed us. I believe we are a better team than Arkansas, but they made fewer mistakes, and took advantage of ours. Turpin had an exceptional game, as did Douglas and the two Ty's. Hill had an erratic game throwing the ball, but ran exceptionally well.. His touchdown to Taj was a thing of beauty, as was the negated TD to Porter. If we can become more disciplined...reduce our mistakes and penalties, we'll have a heckuva team.

OmniscienceFrog

pgdaly84 said:
There's more to being the QB than yards. Pick 6 and the throat slash are part of a pattern that goes back to College Station. I'd like to see how things go with Sawyer. Maybe he doesn't dig the team into a hole. If he does then you go back to Hill and take the good with the bad.
I agree, but the throat slash I'm sure is history.  I hope the coaches address every other screw up possible and we have no need to worry about the post play scenario.  kenny took care of business other than that.  i think he will turn out good.

cdsfrog

Chico Dusty said:
It's truly incredible what he is doing out there. I look forward to seeing more and hope he continues to get this due credit and more

If he keeps it he will and I suspect that he'll end up with like 2000+ all purpose yards. Probably 2200+

froghair

We as fans have an advantage over the coaching staff who sees these guys every day.  We only see them once a week so we can be more objective when choosing the starting QB.  Dang, the tequila's all gone!

westoverhillbilly

Indeed both Ty's played exceptionally.. I've been a big Summers fan since he bulldogged that big UT running back last year.. He plays with tremendous heart..

Douglas could be one of our good lb's with time.. Gary had mentioned in fall camp that Tyree Horton was coming along quickly- we could sure use him if he's as good as advertised..

Latest posts