• The KillerFrogs

Turgeon to Maryland

berryfrog95

Didn't think he could hold out until Self left Kansas? I can see the reasons for the move, but there's plenty of talent in Texas...... I always pull for Mark, watched him growing up in Kansas......

Young and Horned

Christian is going to turn the program around. I think / hope the worst is behind us.

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's be honest. If the program is turned around, the reasoning will be heavily weighed towards us joining the Big East. There will be some because of Christian, but recruits are going to come to TCU because of the conference. If they didn't come to us before, that is the only reason they are going to start coming at this point.

Now, if Christian has some success in the Big East and that becomes a factor for recruits to start coming to TCU, then Christian will be more of a factor for turning around this program.

berryfrog95

Buzz is the fan's choice, but he has a large buyout and I'm not sure Byrne is prepared to spend that much for a basketball coach. Spinelli might be bumped up to be the next head coach.

A&M is a basketball school anyway, so they should spend their funds wisely and get Buzz.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I think they go after the Marquette coach

3 million dollar buyout required there. The Ags will hesitate with that. Ou wanted him, too.

http://newsok.com/source-buyout-is-stumbling-block-in-oklahomas-pursuit-of-buzz-williams/article/3553685

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
When Williams retired I had discussions with several Ags and said watch out if Maryland doesn't get their 1st choice. They laughed and said TAMU was a better basketball program than Maryland....

Don't you love the brainwashing ESPN is doing now that the Longhorn Network is coming. Andy Katz saying one of the major reason's for Turgeon leaving is because A&M is "under the shadow of the University of Texas" as well as saying the school a little up north known as the University of Texas is just too powerful in basketball. haha. Well if ESPN is going to say that I think the major reason for Turgeon leaving is because TCU joined the Big East and now there is just too much competition for top talent within the state of Texas, so he went to Maryland to get out of an area that too many conferences have recruiting footholds.

boonecountyman

Don't you love the brainwashing ESPN is doing now that the Longhorn Network is coming. Andy Katz saying one of the major reason's for Turgeon leaving is because A&M is "under the shadow of the University of Texas" as well as saying the school a little up north known as the University of Texas is just too powerful in basketball. haha. Well if ESPN is going to say that I think the major reason for Turgeon leaving is because TCU joined the Big East and now there is just too much competition for top talent within the state of Texas, so he went to Maryland to get out of an area that too many conferences have recruiting footholds.

With the ESPN/UT deal,you will constantly hear the UT drum being beaten by ESPN;it's already started.

don

Turgeon said on SVP that he's gonna hire new assistants from the East Coast. Do you think anyone on their staff like Alvin Williamson is worth a look as an assistant here?