• The KillerFrogs

Tubervile on TCU: "not the type of team we want to play right now."

SnoSki

If preseason rankings we indicative of the season to come then Charlie Weis would still have a job at Notre Dame.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I love how roddog sticks to his scheduling mantras no matter what. It's like a drowning man reaching for the anchor......

maximilian

God I love the back tracking in this thread. Tech fans have lost the one card they had to play: schedule smack.

I guess next will be jersey smack talk.

Mike Brooks

That "Saiken" guy has his head up his ace. Always referring that we could have re arranged our schd and, since we didn't, therefore backed out. He appears to be the Gen. Custer of that board. Sometimes you have to admit defeat and retreat or Little Big Horn happens.

Good Job Big 12!

roddog

Banned
wow, i didnt realize you guys would be so interested in the big 12 media day, here is the whole conversation, in context:

Q. A lot of people around Fort Worth
and TCU were disappointed when Texas Tech
decided to move out of its game against TCU
this fall. What was the decision behind it, and
is there any truth to the perception that you
wanted out of that game because you just
didn't think you guys could win it right now the
way the team's presently constructed?

COACH TUBERVILLE: A little bit of that
as a coach. But the thing about it is we had four
nonconference teams scheduled. And because
the new conference realignment, one had to go.
But I've been in this business a while.
Obviously for us we're going to be a very young
team coming in. Gary's done a great job. He's
done an excellent job of bringing in players and
building depth and building consistency.
That's really probably not the type of team
we want to play right now. Not that we didn't want
to play them. It was obvious that we had
somebody had to go in that slot where they were
at, you know, pretty much fit what we needed to
do.
If they had been in another slot maybe in
one of the other non-conference positions, we
would have still been playing that game. But
somebody had to go.
And, again, hopefully we can play -- I think
that's a natural game for us. I think we need to
play that game. I think it needs to be a home and
home game, and I think that it would help both
Gary and us to play each year.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/mediaday/tech-072611.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

hey at least unlike leach he gives tcu allot of credit!

macaroni

unlike going undefeated in the big east or mwc its obvious that an undefeated big 12 team plays for a nc game, why risk a loss?

Not if there are two teams from the SEC, big10 or Pac12 undefeated, hon. No way Tech would have passed Auburn or Oregon for a top 2 spot last year. And the big 12-2 is gonna be out of sight and out of mind when the other conferences are playing championship games.

Tech is the bottom barrel of Texas colleges. Your football team is garbage, your coach just admitted he would lose to the frogs, the student body is filled with idiots that didn't get accepted anywhere else, and to top it all off theres a strong possibility you have an STD.

Tough to be a Tech fan huh?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Tech is the bottom barrel of Texas colleges. Your football team is garbage, your coach just admitted he would lose to the frogs, the student body is filled with idiots that didn't get accepted anywhere else, and to top it all off theres a strong possibility you have an STD.

Tough to be a Tech fan huh?

Subtle.

:biggrin:

fanforlife

Big Ups to Big Steaming Pile for asking the question.

For the next five years, I will refuse to engage in trash-talking attempts from Tech fans. Big relief, actually. Their jealousy is annoying.

Young and Horned

no their not, you obviously are reading it but just making crap up!

it is what it is, he dropped the game he thought he might lose, why not, unlike going undefeated in the big east or mwc its obvious that an undefeated big 12 team plays for a nc game, why risk a loss?

Texas Tech has zero chance of going undefeated, so why not stick to your schedule?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Nothing out of "context" here - this came out of Tubberville's mouth!

I think it is funny that Roddog provides the entire content of his reply as if somewhere in there is some proof that Tubs wanted to play TCU this year and didn't make the quoted comment, or that the quote had to do with something other than playing TCU this year....

Certainly I give Tubs credit for the admission, but I really want to know what the heck Rod thinks is in there to support his comments? Seriously, what is out-of-context here?

Kaiser

You can't make the NC game losing to Iowa State. So you might as well lose to TCU as well.

no their not, you obviously are reading it but just making crap up!

it is what it is, he dropped the game he thought he might lose, why not, unlike going undefeated in the big east or mwc its obvious that an undefeated big 12 team plays for a nc game, why risk a loss?

An-Cap Frog

why wouldnt they, to this point patterson has never had to play a top 50 schedule

According to Sagarin Tech's SOS was 53 last year with a rating of 71.19, the second lowest in the Big 12.

For reference the #1 schedule was Oregon State (82.65) because they played TCU and BSU in non-conference.

Latest posts