• The KillerFrogs

Trent Johnson-Assistant Coach

wilson912

Would love to see Trent brought back as an assistant coach. Doesn’t he still live here. I think he’s got plenty of juice left in the tank. Maybe also promote Onterio Lett.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Pass on Johnson as an assistant. No disrespect but no.
Just passing along what I have heard about Coach Johnson but was told that at 5:00pm he was usually the first one out the door and it was almost like he had a high paying part time job.

He was a great guy and had a good sense of humor, which I liked but I cannot imagine any successful Coach working normal hours

froginaustin

Maybe my knowledge is too limited, but I can't think of ANY situation in which a fired head coach (for losing) was brought back a few years later as an assistant, in a D1 revenue-sport program.

I think Phil Fulmer tried at Tennessee, but couldn't work the politics. Or maybe there's a reason why fired (for not winning enough, as opposed to retired and brought back ala Snyder) head coaches stay fired.

Billy Clyde

Just passing along what I have heard about Coach Johnson but was told that at 5:00pm he was usually the first one out the door and it was almost like he had a high paying part time job.

He was a great guy and had a good sense of humor, which I liked but I cannot imagine any successful Coach working normal hours

lol, I think TJ was/is due much more credit for the insane circumstances he was fighting, but yeah, just looking at him makes me want to take a sympathy nap.

Boomhauer

Maybe this explains his demeanor on the bench since most games started after 5pm.