• The KillerFrogs

Transfers

froginaustin

It seems to me (without actually counting) that a fair number of the transfers OUT had previously transferred IN using the portal.

In that situation, I wonder if the player found a better offer money-wise, or if the roster spot the player hoped for did not materialize. What happened?

I wish the players that are leaving well, but I'm idly curious.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Cuckoo birds? You need to tone down that language Zebra:p
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

steelfrog

Tier 1
If they want greener pastures or greener money good luck in your future. I hold no grudge. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Sad but this is the new state of college football.
Sad that the slaves now have the same choices that anybody else in society has. So sad.

You people are something else.

You all are in favor of capitalism except when it comes to your favorite hobby.

Maybe if you were getting your knees and back destroyed and your brains beat in while the coaches are paid millions and the schools are building billion dollar stadjia, you might want a piece of that pie too, eh?

Steel is not specifically calling you out, PC, but this group of porcine couch-sitters as a whole are a bunch of morons.

Wexahu

Sad that the slaves now have the same choices that anybody else in society has. So sad.

You people are something else.

You all are in favor of capitalism except when it comes to your favorite hobby.

Maybe if you were getting your knees and back destroyed and your brains beat in while the coaches are paid millions and the schools are building billion dollar stadjia, you might want a piece of that pie too, eh?

Steel is not specifically calling you out, PC, but this group of porcine couch-sitters as a whole are a bunch of morons.
They are ruining the pie, that's the issue. Maybe they won't I guess, maybe all these fans out there will love it and keep pouring money into it, even though no successful team sports organization in the history of the world has operated under a system to where there is no draft and all the players get to freely choose where they play from year-to-year.

I like capitalism. I don't care if players make money. I'm just not interested in college football anymore because it's no longer interesting or entertaining to me. The appeal of the sport is gone.

steelfrog

Tier 1
The "pie" that they are destroying was exploitative, and destructive, and left 98% of the players with jack [ Finebaum ]e, while making many others rich. Your own beloved Scotty Nix died at 53 directly because of football. Many others of us were left with crippling injuries. The million dollar coaches and admins risk none of that, and realize nearly all the profit.

"Oh but they got a degree."

BS. First, many do NOT get a degree. Second, most get a degree that isn't worth diddly, in Sports Management and such. Third, most could have gotten a much BETTER degree without 40 hours of practice, travelling every other weekend, getting their brains beat in, etc. Lastly, many don't need to have gotten a degree in the first place, as many worthwhile professions don't require a degree.

"Oh but that's a choice they made. They entered into a CONTRACT!" Oh, really? A free choice, not sold to them and their parents as something it was not? Give Steel a break, and open your eyes.

From the player perspective, football sucks. It's human cockfighting. When you're 19, you don't know any better - it's great! So FUN! When you're 35, or 55, you realize it was a giant waste of time, caused you to do things you would never have otherwise done (like gain 50, or 100 pounds), and left you with nothing but a few memories and a bunch of injuries which get worse over time.

So, what EVER the players can get now of what hopefully is a shrinking pie, more power to them.

Double D

Tier 1
#BanSteel
#RedDot

The "pie" that they are destroying was exploitative, and destructive, and left 98% of the players with jack [ Finebaum ]e, while making many others rich. Your own beloved Scotty Nix died at 53 directly because of football. Many others of us were left with crippling injuries. The million dollar coaches and admins risk none of that, and realize nearly all the profit.

BS. First, many do NOT get a degree. Second, most get a degree that isn't worth diddly, in Sports Management and such. Third, most could have gotten a much BETTER degree without 40 hours of practice, travelling every other weekend, getting their brains beat in, etc. Lastly, many don't need to have gotten a degree in the first place, as many worthwhile professions don't require a degree.

"Oh but that's a choice they made. They entered into a CONTRACT!" Oh, really? A free choice, not sold to them and their parents as something it was not? Give Steel a break, and open your eyes.

From the player perspective, football sucks. It's human cockfighting. When you're 19, you don't know any better - it's great! So FUN! When you're 35, or 55, you realize it was a giant waste of time, caused you to do things you would never have otherwise done (like gain 50, or 100 pounds), and left you with nothing but a few memories and a bunch of injuries which get worse over time.

So, what EVER the players can get now of what hopefully is a shrinking pie, more power to them.

Wexahu

You're funny.

This version of college football sucks. I hope you enjoy it.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel will.

Here, let's take this a step farther! Colleges are a scam! And pricey Private Colleges like TCU even more so than others! Pretty much all data shows that of the people who start and finish a college education (a significant % start and do not finish, but still owe the dough), about half end up working jobs that don't require a degree to begin with!

Colleges don't advertise this, of course.

So, you got colleges selling to recruits that "Oh you come here and you have a chance to go Pro!" - although they know that chance is vanishingly small for 90% or more; and the average NFL career is only 3.3 years (i.e., no second contract); and, they sell the degree that they know many won't even get, and for those who do, it's useless.

So, if the kids can get paid now, more power to them.