• The KillerFrogs

Tomlinson Student-Athlete Development Endowment Fund

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
We've been working with TCU to try and get a scholarship fund setup in Wes' memory, but the rules and numbers the school now requires for a named scholarship have changed (not going to go into details). So, after many discussions we have decided to partner with TCU and the Tomlinson Student-Athlete Development Endowment Fund to help KillerFrogs members to donate in the name of a Frog called home to help benefit a student athlete. Here is the link and the information:

Tomlinson Student-Athlete Development Endowment Fund

Benefiting TCU's Student-Athlete Development Department, the Tomlinson Fund supports student-athletes from all 21 of TCU's sports programs to help prepare them for their lives and careers after graduation.

TCU's Student-Athlete Development programming includes a myriad of topics ranging from leadership, networking and mentoring to personal responsibility, brand development, community outreach, time management in balancing academics and athletics, etiquette in dinner and interview settings, religious and spiritual life, mental health and overall student-athlete wellness. Additional programing is geared towards those transitioning to professional athletics careers.

See below to better understand how your contribution can help:

$100 | Represents providing 30 TCU Student-Athletes with business cards and headshots. The Annual Horned Frogs Networking Night each October and Juniors and Seniors are challenged with exchanging at least 10 cards with successful business people at the event.

$500 | Represents a gift to our Suits for Success program: As a component of our Horned Frogs for Life program, each TCU student-athlete receives a business suit their junior year. The suits are tailored for each student-athlete and ensures they are dressed to kill their first interview!

$750 | Represents sending TCU Student-Athletes to Leadership Retreat/Captains retreat: Each year coaches select the student-athletes they feel are leadership material and send them with the Student-Athlete Development staff to the Annual Leadership Retreat –sometimes knows as the “Captains Retreat”.

$2000 | Represents sending TCU Student-Athletes to a professional development program. Your support can help them build their resume by sending them to national professional development trainings and conferences.

Horned Toad

I just noticed a charge on my credit card for $100 that has this notation:

Expand transaction for Transaction date: 03/09/2020 WPY*Wes Phelan Scholarshi866-819-1294 CA

Many months ago I made a donation for what I thought was the fund set up for Wes. Is this that fund finally being charged to my account? Just wondering in case some guy with the same name in California set up his own “scholarship” fund! ;)

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I just noticed a charge on my credit card for $100 that has this notation:

Expand transaction for Transaction date: 03/09/2020 WPY*Wes Phelan Scholarshi866-819-1294 CA

Many months ago I made a donation for what I thought was the fund set up for Wes. Is this that fund finally being charged to my account? Just wondering in case some guy with the same name in California set up his own “scholarship” fund! ;)

I'll check but that sounds right.