• The KillerFrogs

Tie goes to......

bsufan99999

We all support on the field results, but only for the current season. Otherwise, it is irrelevant. Different time, different players, different year.

Move on, 99999. The 2009 season is over.

I prefer a January 2010 result over a beauty pageant. We have recent head to head evidence which should superior to a beauty pageant.

bsufan99999

SMU is known as an offensive team and Louisiana Tech was not, it was a road game instead of a home game, it was a rivalry game and it was on a short week, SMU is better than Louisiana Tech.

SMU gained half their yards on a gimmick belly draw trap play that they used over and over again.

They are both run and shoot teams. But in your beauty pageant your run and shoot opponent is better than ours.

You are right. It was an away game ....all the way in Highland Park.

Give me a break.

Austintxfrog94

The kicker to me for this year was the performance of Boise TCU against La Tech SMU. When you give up almost 400 total yards and 25 19 first downs to a 3-6 La Tech 5-5 SMU team you're not quite as stout as I once perceived.
25-19= 6 *to our rival on their turf (which was green btw). Like I said I understand your frustration, would love to meet Boise in the MNC but there's too much money involved for folks to let that happen..

ShivasFrog

It's really too bad that the fans of a great team like Boise have been reduced to grasping at straws, citing a game from last season (over 10 months ago) as some sort of "tie-breaker". The problem lies in the corrupt scam that is the BCS. It's the system we're stuck with until the presidents and commissioners grow cajones enough to stand up to the bowl fat cats and create a play-off. Until such time and for right now, it's TCU #3 and BSU #4. That's the reality, BSU fans. Deal with it.

macaroni

I prefer a January 2010 result over a beauty pageant. We have recent head to head evidence which should superior to a beauty pageant.

Boise may not be any better (I don't know, I can't stand watching games on that turf, so I don't), but TCU is much better. UT on the other hand played for the title last year and may not be bowl eligible this year. See how things change?

And you still haven't answered my question...

frogs9497

Karma is a [Deleted] guys. Baylor could easily lay an egg the next two. Va Tech could win the ACC and the BCS situation could be reversed. You are past the most difficult part of your schedule. We have 4 games left including the meat of our conference schedule.

People have a choice:

* Continue the beauty pageant
* Or take the recent on the field evidence.... from 2010 no less.

Nothing BSU has done this year suggests that they are not a better team than last year.

Looks like we have beauty pageant fans on this board....well, I guess you are in Texas.

I would take the on the field evidence this year.....as I accepted it with no arguments last year.

So the point of your post on our forum is that the TCU nation should petition the voters to put Boise ahead of TCU?

Sounds like sour grapes after being media darlings all season long.

stell91

The kicker to me for this year was the performance of Boise TCU against La Tech SMU. When you give up almost 400 total yards and 25 19 first downs to a 3-6 La Tech 5-5 SMU team you're not quite as stout as I once perceived.

TCU vs SMU is an old, old and bitter rivalry. You can never predict the outcome of a rivalry game, as evidenced by our 2005 season where we beat #8 Oklahoma in Norman, and won every game except against an awful SMU team. We had some mistakes versus SMU and SMU really got up for that game and played beyond their level, plus it was at their place.

Boise and Louisiana Tech is not a rivalry. You played them at home. I don't think LouTech has EVER beaten Boise. LouTech has three wins this year: Grambling State (FCS), Utah State, and a close one over Idaho, as they still put up 400 yards against yall.

At best, SMU vs TCU and LTech vs BSU is a wash, but I think it's actually in our favor once you consider rivalry and other contributing factors.

stell91

Is there anyone that has a dead horse photo they can insert here for 99999? Even better, a photo of someone beating a dead horse?

beating-dead-horse.jpg

VictoryLap

You realize you are using the same argument that Oregon used during the season last year.

"We would definitely win the next game"

You realize your are arguing with people who believe BSU deserves to get a shot at the MNC just as much as we do.

That being said, we don't influence it at all, and if I had to pick you or us, I pick us.

bsufan99999

My last post on the thread....

Please cut and paste the following under your signature if you agree.

Last year, I would have been completely satisfied if BSU had ended the year ahead of TCU in the BCS rankings despite the fact that TCU won the recent head to head match up.

Good night, all.

I look forward to counting all the responses tomorrow to see how many will stand behind their beliefs.

Army Frog Fan

Boise had 9 days to prepare for La Tech and Hawaii. TCU had 5 to prepare for SMU and 6 for Utah and looked more impressive against both, even though each one is better than La tech and Hawaii

dweller

Hey Frog Fans,

I have nothing but respect for your team. They are outstanding... much like the one that I support. They are dominating competition... much like the one I support. They beat BCS conference teams.... much like the one I support.

How do we break a tie between these two teams? They are a dead heat.

Unlike most situations like this, we have recent evidence of these teams matched up head to head. And Boise State won. It is the game most closely timed with this season played in calendar year 2011 and includes virtually the same cast of characters.

I know it isn't popular, but in this case, it is pretty clear the tie should go the Broncos.

I know some of you want to ignore this and wish that there will be some justification that overrules this. But I doubt you can look me in the eye and stand with integrity and tell me otherwise.
No problem................OTHERWISE. FROGS WIN