• The KillerFrogs

This week's NCAA baseball rankings

LawFrog504

Our offense has more power 1-9 than any team I can remember. By that I mean more opportunities for a home run from every guy in the lineup. There is some pop is nearly every bat 1-9.

My biggest concern lies in looking forward/projecting the postseason. We have years and years of history with teams that don't hit the long ball particularly well, but pitch and play great defense. That formula has shown to be more successful in the postseason and especially in Omaha when the fences get bigger. I am not in love with our defense thus far, and outside of Lodolo, really don't feel good about any other starting pitcher on the roster. It's a weird feeling because I think we are a solid ball club, I just don't know if the formula we are using is the best one for postseason success. Not a knock whatsoever, just an honest assessment and comparison to years past.

LeagueCityFrog

Williamson was lights out against a good Texas A&M team down in H-Town a couple a weeks ago. One wonders if our offense gets ahead early in games if weekend starters Williamson and say Charles King stay chill and throw controlled heat for 7-8 innings Lodolo style then hand the final outs to Perez and off we go...