• The KillerFrogs

This Week’s Other Games

Chongo94

Ok, someone with far more knowledge in this subject area tell me…isn’t there an average attendance requirement over 3 years or so to qualify for D1/FBS status?

I get that Sam Houston and Jacksonville State have won a lot recently so a lot of people may go to their games but will enough really go over the next few D1/FBS years?

Ok, someone with far more knowledge in this subject area tell me…isn’t there an average attendance requirement over 3 years or so to qualify for D1/FBS status?

I get that Sam Houston and Jacksonville State have won a lot recently so a lot of people may go to their games but will enough really go over the next few D1/FBS years?
Not sure about those things but has turned into a crazy game.

An-Cap Frog

and their uniforms are butt-ugly.
African American Reaction GIF

westoverhillbilly

I remember reading years ago that a FCS program needed to average 20,000 in attendance in order to be considered for FBS. Once in FBS, if there is a requirement, look no further than Dallas to know it’s certainly not enforced.

Wexahu

I remember reading years ago that a FCS program needed to average 20,000 in attendance in order to be considered for FBS. Once in FBS, if there is a requirement, look no further than Dallas to know it’s certainly not enforced.
Could be wrong but pretty sure it’s 20,000 capacity stadium, not 20,000 attendance.

There are many many FBS teams that don’t average 20k I would think.

helcap

Need to average 15,000 attendance per home game over a rolling two year period to remain in FBS. This can be paid rather than actual attendance. And waivers seem to be rather easily obtained. And there is a proposal currently being considered to look at other benchmarks and drop the attendance requirements

Last edited:

Chongo94

Need to average 15,000 attendance per home game over a rolling two year period to remain in FBS. This can be paid rather than actual attendance. And waivers seem to be rather easily obtained. And there is a proposal currently being considered to look at other benchmarks and drop the attendance requirements
Thinking Brain GIF by MOODMAN

Now this is the type of info I’m talking about, thanks! Makes everything much clearer now.

And according to SMU, the 15,000 can include dead hookers that may or may not have been murdered by famous alumni.