• The KillerFrogs

This guy....

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
You've been here as long as I have, and know that I am not at all in favor of GMFP getting run out of town. That man has done quite a bit for TCU, and he has earned the right to do what he will.

What galls me is that he puts up with blatantly sub-par performance from his staff. It passed puzzling a couple of years ago. Like 8 points out in another thread, he's an expert on breaking down offenses and dissecting the tendencies and abilities of players and coaches. Why is he having so much trouble with his own team? If it's obvious to us, then it blazes like a supernova to GMFP.

Yeah, but is this the year to give a fair grade?

Yes, I know about our previous years. But nobody, not one that I have seen this year is operating like clockwork. Everyone pretty much looks like they took the year off and started playing games without being ready.

Eight

Yeah, but is this the year to give a fair grade?

Yes, I know about our previous years. But nobody, not one that I have seen this year is operating like clockwork. Everyone pretty much looks like they took the year off and started playing games without being ready.

everyone in the conference? maybe though iowa state and kansas state seem to be getting better each and every week

haven't seen ok state, texas is poorly coached, ou is not a good football team, tech is not a good team, haven't seen baylor or wvu, and kansas is terrible

around the country clemson looks very good on offense and solid defensively, bama is good on offense, arkansas is much improved as is ole miss.

everyone is going through the same thing so the excuse of things being off for the covid applies to everyone playing right now

we are seeing the same pattern of mistakes and issues on the offensive side of the ball and as teams watch tape of doug's slight of hand offense with no real identity i am not confident things are going to get dramatically better against teams that play a sound defensive scheme

those are problems that tend not to get worked out because we are going right back to the things that caused issues in 2016 and plagued doug's offenses at kansas

Eight

I knew I was wrong...

you have the right to think as you wish and it isnt a matter or right or wrong

personally, there is no program out there that isn't dealing with the covid and there is some things coaches can't control, players who might have opted out, but none of that explains the mystery of the tcu running back rotation, doug just stop calling running plays after having success running the ball, or how the frogs don't have an effective qb aside from max and supposedly the key to the frogs' run game is the quarterback run

those are issues that reflect issues in the staff and not covid, time practicing, or gary lifting the program out of college football darkness

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
you have the right to think as you wish and it isnt a matter or right or wrong

personally, there is no program out there that isn't dealing with the covid and there is some things coaches can't control, players who might have opted out, but none of that explains the mystery of the tcu running back rotation, doug just stop calling running plays after having success running the ball, or how the frogs don't have an effective qb aside from max and supposedly the key to the frogs' run game is the quarterback run

those are issues that reflect issues in the staff and not covid, time practicing, or gary lifting the program out of college football darkness

If you think this is college football darkness, you need to study TCU football history. This is just late afternoon...

but I know what you are trying to say.

Last edited:

Eight

If you think this is college football darkness, you need to study TCU football history. This just late afternoon...

you don't go from the bright of day to pitch black in a matter of moments

unlike the cycle of a day you can control some of the variables of a football program and it is disturbing when the very things your head coach used to feast on poorly prepared, undisciplined opponents has started to take root in his very program

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
you don't go from the bright of day to pitch black in a matter of moments

unlike the cycle of a day you can control some of the variables of a football program and it is disturbing when the very things your head coach used to feast on poorly prepared, undisciplined opponents has started to take root in his very program

Gotcha. Understand.

Froginbedford

If you think this is college football darkness, you need to study TCU football history. This is just late afternoon...

I have been around since the mid-1950s observing TCU football....The late afternoon of the latter half of the 1960s very quickly gave way to a long, dark 1970s-1990s....Like the change from CDT to CST...it gets late so soon....I fear sliding into that dark night again and having to be happy and excited when the team finishes with a winning conference record (5-4 or 6-3,) and a winning season record (7-5 or 8-4 likely) once in a 4-5 year span.....8 winning SWC seasons from 1960-1995 and 7 total season records in the same period....And we were almost giddy in each of those cases....

The TCU Football Jerk

What galls me is that he puts up with blatantly sub-par performance from his staff. It passed puzzling a couple of years ago. Like 8 points out in another thread, he's an expert on breaking down offenses and dissecting the tendencies and abilities of players and coaches. Why is he having so much trouble with his own team? If it's obvious to us, then it blazes like a supernova to GMFP.

I don't get why GP would have no problem not playing a player due to poor performance, yet coaches get a free pass.

Latest posts