• The KillerFrogs

This guy....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
How is he rotten??
Sorry, I was not referring to your post, or your prospective candidate. I was referring to the circular path the Coaches we have had here for a number of years continue to take.

In my own clumsy way, I was agreeing with you.

Punter1

Sorry, I was not referring to your post, or your prospective candidate. I was referring to the circular path the Coaches we have had here for a number of years continue to take.

In my own clumsy way, I was agreeing with you.

Yep I agree...new new blood all around. Would be fine with Glasgow staying as DC with Fitch and Malcom Kelly but everyone else can go.

Pharm Frog

I think he absolutely deserves a chance to be a head coach...is also considered one of the best Oline coaches and OCs in America and has been around a ton of very good head coaches.

Im not sure he’s ever been an OC by himself (only co-) but I’m not saying I’m disagreeing

TCU_91

There is absolutely zero possibility that he leaves that gravy train to come fight the little struggles of being TCU’s head coach.

now if you want to name some guys on the way up, that would make more sense.

It always amuses me when the "insiders" know what coaches and their families would and wouldn't do.

These are the same people that are sure that TN job is a slam dunk. (Then UTv get their 4th choice coach)

Not once but twice.

And why would you think some second rate coach at oU make you think he would come here?

Yes. Same reason you shoot high and make them say no.

TCU_91

I do not think Venables has the HC stuff based on what I heard when I was in OK. People there thought DC was his best fit and pinnacle. Maybe, maybe not.

Just whispers, I'm a nobody but there is some smoke there.

I was told Coach P wasn't a head coach material also.

netty2424

It always amuses me when the "insiders" know what coaches and their families would and wouldn't do.

These are the same people that are sure that TN job is a slam dunk. (Then UTv get their 4th choice coach)

Not once but twice.

And why would you think some second rate coach at oU make you think he would come here?

Yes. Same reason you shoot high and make them say no.
I responded to the Brent Venables comment. I don’t put him and the OU guy in the same category.