• The KillerFrogs

This Day...Crazy

CountryFrog

People complain about having "too many Gary guys" on the staff but yet I've seen L.T., Joseph Turner, and Sam Carter mentioned within the last week...
There's no way LT is going to become a college football position coach imo, but he would absolutely NOT be a "Gary guy." He wouldn't placate to anyone.

ThisIsOurTime

Know Fran and GP are old friends but would be shocked if Fran was allowed to participate in any part of the program. Fran caused some deep wounds among the alumni and staff.
That was 20 years ago. Fran was humbled too after he left for Bama. So I don't think we should let pride get in the way of things if he can help us. We are a Christian school and forgiveness should be a part of who we are if Fran is contrite.

I don’t think there’s a head coach in the country who doesnt have a constantly updated list of replacement candidates for his whole staff. Same with ADs. They have to have lists for every coaching position.
Unfortunately for us, our list is by alphabetical order and Jarrett Anderson is at the top of the list of replacements for each position.

Eight

That was 20 years ago. Fran was humbled too after he left for Bama. So I don't think we should let pride get in the way of things if he can help us. We are a Christian school and forgiveness should be a part of who we are if Fran is contrite.

i agree with the concept of forgiveness, but forgiveness doesn't mean hiring fran when he has been away for football for 4 years and it can easily argued gary has surpassed fran in achievements at the p5 level.

now, if tcu sid wanted some ideas on how to put together a newsletter fran could give them some pointers

Eight

I wonder when the last time was that any coach actually yelled at LT?

lt finished his career with the jets playing for rex ryan and i will promise you Rex yelled at him at some point simply because rex thought he was as good a coach as his dad buddy and could do that crap

wilson912

Fran is an old friend of GMFP, knows the game well, and isn't doing much right now past fretting about tee times. He would make a fine analyst, and is someone that can tell GMFP that he's wrong and be listened to.

Jerry Kill is also an old friend of GMFP, and is someone who can tell him when he's wrong. He also inspires his players in ways others cannot.

Both are salty old farts who would be valuable additions.

Kill just took on a role with VT, he’s not gonna bail on them now.

wilson912

i agree with the concept of forgiveness, but forgiveness doesn't mean hiring fran when he has been away for football for 4 years and it can easily argued gary has surpassed fran in achievements at the p5 level.

now, if tcu sid wanted some ideas on how to put together a newsletter fran could give them some pointers

poor taste. Like it or not, Fran is the reason we have Gary.

4th. down

We haven't done what we did in 2014/15 because we don't have the same personnel. Last two seasons have been rough, but we've been starting a freshman at QB both times. Last time GP had a QB with more than one year of experience at TCU and didn't finish in the top 10 was, what 2006? The playcalling has been frustrating but we've also been limited in what's possible.

Good teams have good QBs that can lead. Look at the NY 6 teams, no so-so Qbs. We haven't had one since Boykin although Kenny was an acceptable fill in as Alamo MVP.

Playing 2 freshmen QBs 2 years in a row with a below avg. offensive line and no hands receivers (Taye, TEs, Sewo excepted) will get you what we were - no good. Who's fault was this? I don't think it was necessarily Sonny's - Robinson was a head case along with his parents, Rogers we all understand. Two highly ranked QBs in succession that flopped - it just happened, not controllable.

GP sees the above but the '20 season will really show us where we are going long term. A good and mobile QB returns with a new look offensive line coach and offensive line. We will find out on Kelly and the receivers after the first couple of games. RBs, no need to be concerned at that position.

Mean Purple

People complain about having "too many Gary guys" on the staff but yet I've seen L.T., Joseph Turner, and Sam Carter mentioned within the last week...
LT was a Sullivan recruit. I just mentioned that because I think it sucks that Sullivan died too early.
scheiss cancer.

WIN

Ok, we can forgive fran but that does not mean we sure hire him.

HG73

GP doing this the right way. Peewee Herman fired his assistant coaches right away and got a crappy recruiting class.