• The KillerFrogs

The Upset:Brigham Young has Big 12 offer

BelushiBob

I see no such Tweet!!!!

927201111824pm.jpg
This is a Deloss code talk on how to avoid scheduling the Mormons on Sunday. The last one is more personal to Dodds though. Who is Captain Wiley

talor

It'd be fun to see them reject it though :wink:

I should have qualified my last statement by saying that the information came from the son of a board member last weekend.

It is quite an interesting situation. If Rutgers and UConn bolt, I assume they would reconsider. I am not sure we will ever get that invite in the first place though.

Mike Brooks

Not if Mizzou staying means WVU gets into the SEC...
WVU isnt going anywhere. Just like some of us on here pointed out that Tech wasnt going anywhere. WVU brings zero market, zero recruiting territory and rancid, Tech like academics.

Nice athletics but the SEC will bide their time looking for a better candidate. I think they (SEC) are laughing at the ACC knee jerk picking up two average to terrible FB schools. Haste makes waste.

SEC holds all the cards and can take their time properly vetting their candidates.

Waccy Frog

So let's see: the Big 12 AD's don't meet until Friday; they don't know if Mizzou is in or out; and Neinas hasn't started on the job yet. But Louisville and BYU already have offers, according to two bloggers. Right.

NYC Horned Frog

I heard they're going to just quit playing college football in 2013 because everyone is annoyed about realignment. The guy at 7-11 just told me, he looked legit. I bet he tweets and writes a blog too.

Waccy Frog

Oh yeah, and no one bothered to tell T. Boone Pickens.

Oh yeah, and no newspaper servicing BYU, Louisville, or any Big 12 community has bothered to pick up the story.

Again. Right. Not saying either invite CAN'T happen, but can't imagine it's happened the way its being reported. Wake me when Pete Thamel reports it.

Cougar/Frog

Nope, more than 10 means less money and more recruiting competition.

Sorry bud

The competition is already there. Stability is even more important than a little bit of more money. In order to have stability, the Big 12 needs to have at least 12 teams and avoid the risk of utter destruction which it has been experiencing for two years now. Baylor, Iowa State, Mizzo, KU, and K St would all rather make sure the Big 12 survives than anything else. Tech knows it has no shot of anything else without Texas, but also needs to save the Big 12 and prevent Texas from being independent.

In the current world with super conferences on the horizon, the Big 12 needs to be a killer or a victim. With 3 teams gone and more that looked for other locations, it looks like a victim. Compare that with the Pac-12, SEC, or B1G, where not one team has seriously looked at leaving those conferences. Even the ACC, weak as it is, is a stronger conference and more stable than the Big 12 and the ACC can easily survive the departure of a team or two.

The decision to remain at 10 after the departure of Nebraska and Colorado was a huge mistake and every school not named Texas and Oklahoma know it.

Not if Mizzou staying means WVU gets into the SEC...

I don't think the SEC would have officially accepted A&M so quickly this week if the SEC was pursuing Mizzou, because the threat of litigation would still be out there if Mizzou left and the Big 12 split up. To me, that announcement was proof positive that Mizzou isn't going to the SEC.

Now, onto WVU...they have to be the leading candidate to be #14 right now unless the SEC is working a miracle to get FSU or Virginia Tech to join.

This is all setting up for BYU to go to the Big 12 first. We'll see if Dodds still has control and the league stays at 10. If they go to 12, then Louisville and TCU will most likely be added, and BYU and TCU can play the next two years in an 11-team league with Louisville officially beginning play in 2014.

ms19

I bet they take BYU now...take LOU now for 2014 (hoping to kill the big east). They will not take a 12th while hoping to land ND over the next 2 years. If they can't pull that off then they will take AFA (or someone besides us for the 2014 season).

GP's Step-Son

I bet they take BYU now...take LOU now for 2014 (hoping to kill the big east). They will not take a 12th while hoping to land ND over the next 2 years. If they can't pull that off then they will take AFA (or someone besides us for the 2014 season).

I think you nailed it.

Endless Purple

The competition is already there. Stability is even more important than a little bit of more money. In order to have stability, the Big 12 needs to have at least 12 teams and avoid the risk of utter destruction which it has been experiencing for two years now.
Why? What makes 12 more stable?

I have never seen that justified by anything other than it gets repeated a lot. It didn't help when they lost Nebraska and Colorado. Also the PAC and Big 10 were never at risk of losing schools prior to them going to 12.

I think the biggest factor for stability is money, then down the road at second is compatibility of schools.

ShreveFrog

If true, would be stunned if BYU turned it down. I doubt an invitation would not be extended if there was any chance it could be turned down. That would be major embarrassment for Big XII. BYU is likely confirming previously agreed upon fine details and making sure there are no suprises.

BABYFACE

I heard that even if we are invited to the Big 12, that the B.o.T. would not accept the invitation.

I doubt that. You can bet the decision will be made by GP, CDC and Boschini. If the trustees rejected TCU' s recommendation, TCU will be looking for new trustees.