• The KillerFrogs

The Upset:Brigham Young has Big 12 offer

GP's Step-Son

Hard to tell from the BYU board if credible and there is some merit behind this or not; probably just like every other media outlet, flip a coin....

http://www.theupsetblog.com/2011/09/brigham-young-has-big-12-offer.html

Big Frog II

Quite frankly if we do not get an invite, the best thing that can happen is BYU going to the Big12 and Missouri staying put. That would allow the Big East to settle down for a while and expand.

I am looking forward to BYU butting heads with Texas. Neither have been in a position to not call all of the shots.

HFrog1999

I hope so. That's probably best for everyone. The "big" "12" could stay at 10 and leave the BE alone. Also, I bet the local sports media will give the "big" "12" hell for adding a weak BYU team over TCU. I can't wait to see Galloway's article on it. :laugh: :laugh:

BelushiBob

I hope so. That's probably best for everyone. The "big" "12" could stay at 10 and leave the BE alone. Also, I bet the local sports media will give the "big" "12" hell for adding a weak BYU team over TCU. I can't wait to see Galloway's article on it. :laugh: :laugh:

Gallo,
Has been very quiet as of late. Dont know why. Maybe he has been told to back off.

ReedFrawg

From what I have heard, things have gotten eerily quiet behind the scenes on multiple fronts. Obviously there is constant communication/dialogue but it could be the quiet before the storm as far as the Big 12 is concerned...

Not if Mizzou staying means WVU gets into the SEC...
Perhaps, but I think the SEC has eyes on a bigger prize from the ACC, and are willing to take their time. That's why all the comments about staying at 13.

Even if it happens quickly, we'd lose UConn as a replacement, not WVU, which is more palatable from a football standpoint.

ms19

So if Missouri leaves the big 12 needs 2 teams for 2012 correct? LOU/WVU/Cinci cannot leave for 2012 so that leaves us and byu? Other options for the big 12? Is that our only shot?

Cougar/Frog

The Big 12 needs 12 teams in order to avoid another opportunity at disaster like the last two years.

And since Texas has nowhere to go now due to the LHN and since Oklahoma can't go to the Pac-16 without Texas, OU and Texas lack the leverage to make the other teams do their bidding (which is why Mizzo might stay in the Big 12 where it at least has a chance at success rather than the SEC, especially since the B1G is not going to come calling).

With BYU being 10, the real question becomes No. 11 and No. 12. Every school in the Big 12 except for Texas benefits from the addition of TCU. Louisville is not coming, as it really values basketball more than football (not a bunch more, but just enough) and the Cards will benefit from Big East 3.0 with a bunch of CUSA teams.

WV most likely will be in the SEC, in spite of the alleged rejection. The SEC has no other viable options except for CUSA schools (yeah, they could get ECU or Houston --- which would make the Houston metro a strong SEC market instead of a contested one).

Of course, there is a private school in Texas that would fit in the SEC.......

HFrog1999

Trammel said TCU and BYU. I cited Trammel, I wish people tweeted what I said. Would be a better world for TCU if that was the case.

I see no such Tweet!!!!

927201111824pm.jpg

BelushiBob

The Big 12 needs 12 teams in order to avoid another opportunity at disaster like the last two years.

And since Texas has nowhere to go now due to the LHN and since Oklahoma can't go to the Pac-16 without Texas, OU and Texas lack the leverage to make the other teams do their bidding (which is why Mizzo might stay in the Big 12 where it at least has a chance at success rather than the SEC, especially since the B1G is not going to come calling).

With BYU being 10, the real question becomes No. 11 and No. 12. Every school in the Big 12 except for Texas benefits from the addition of TCU. Louisville is not coming, as it really values basketball more than football (not a bunch more, but just enough) and the Cards will benefit from Big East 3.0 with a bunch of CUSA teams.

WV most likely will be in the SEC, in spite of the alleged rejection. The SEC has no other viable options except for CUSA schools (yeah, they could get ECU or Houston --- which would make the Houston metro a strong SEC market instead of a contested one).

Of course, there is a private school in Texas that would fit in the SEC.......

Nope, more than 10 means less money and more recruiting competition.

Sorry bud