• The KillerFrogs

The Spun: Former TCU Coach Gary Patterson Makes His Intentions About Coaching Clear

tetonfrog

Obviously Sonny should not get a longer leash than GP. But he should get some leash. GP was given four bad seasons in a row before being fired. Sonny is on one bad season right now.
Sonny should at least get a chance to evaluate, recruit, build a team full of his players. If we are still having bad seasons after that, then it becomes an easy decision to fire him, as there can be no excuses at that point.
I want to see if Sonny is going to shake up his coaching staff this offseason. If he does not do that, then his leash should be shorter than GP's. If he keeps the same staff and we get the same results next year, then his seat should be very hot next year. After all, that was why we fired GP: he refused to make any changes, but expected us to get different results.

Ultimately, it will be up to our top boosters when or if we fire Sonny. I don't see ADJD eating a huge salary like Sonny's plus his staff and then a new coach and a new staff, too. We are not ATM and thank God for that.

ECM

I think he'd do better in the G5 at a place like New Mexico or UL Lafayette if those jobs open

New Mexico was the first job I thought of that would be perfect for him. Don't have to worry as much about the NIL rat race like you do in the P5/P4, and that doesn't seem to be his cup of tea.

Could also see him being firmly on the radar for UTSA or Texas State if Traylor or Kinne move up

ftwfrog

Sonnys team quit on him this year against K state (laughing on the sidelines the entire game). So what’s the difference? Does sonny get a longer leash than the guy that built our program from the ground up?
The guy that took us to the CFP playoff and a National Championship game gets a 2 to 3 year leash, Yes.

I’m shocked at how far some of you have your head up GP’s ass.

Frozen Frog

I think he could do well at a Big Ten school. I also think a G5 position would work for him. My honest opinion is that if he doesn’t get a job this year it’s probably over unless he’s willing to be coordinator or position coach at the D1 level. I know the passion may burn for coaching, but I really think it’s passed him. He’s got better opportunities.

An-Cap Frog

Now Hiring!
Northwestern
Michigan State
Texas A&M
Boise State
Mississippi State
San Diego State

Pink Slips be Coming!?!
Pittsburgh
Indiana
Arkansas
Florida
New Mexico
Baylor
Nevada
Houston
Syracuse
Cal
Arkansas State

Limey Frog

I think he could do well at a Big Ten school. I also think a G5 position would work for him. My honest opinion is that if he doesn’t get a job this year it’s probably over unless he’s willing to be coordinator or position coach at the D1 level. I know the passion may burn for coaching, but I really think it’s passed him. He’s got better opportunities.
I could see him tightening things up at Indiana and benefitting from the Big Ten east division going away. But I also doubt Indiana would find him a suitably interesting hire.

Hemingway

Rutgers , Maryland etc

ShreveFrog

I remember when Billy Napier was most frog fan's top candidate. Almost a can't miss guy because he coached under Saban and was real organized and stuff. LOL. He's already about to get fired?
6-7 last year after bowl blowout loss to Oregon State. 5-5 this year with likely 2 losses to go vs. Mizzou and FSU. That ain't cuttin' it.