1. The KillerFrogs

The portal is drawing in TCU wide receivers

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Shorty, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Al'Dontre Davis and Dylan Thomas. I'm surprised by Thomas. He seemed to be getting playing time and targets.

2. Can't blame Thomas for wanting a chance to play. He's been through quite a bit.

Punter1 likes this.
  3. Hopefully, this isn't a precursor to a 'Sinking Ship' syndrome.

Froginbedford likes this.
  4. apparently in this current version of the meacham offense if you are taller than 5'10" and / or weigh more than 170 lbs you are going to either run go routes or block down field and some might want to do a bit more in their time on the field.

Wexahu likes this.
  5. Not surprised by either. QJ is the future, Barber. Conwirght, Lynn, Daruis Davis and Spielman are the now and some of the future.

Froggish likes this.
  6. Thomas can help someone. Hope he finds a good landing spot

wilson912, Shorty, Salfrog and 2 others like this.
  7. Thomas leaving hurts us, think he was a starter. He should be playing and getting more targets.

8. #9 asleep003, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Stop that ... please. We have plenty of wide receivers as good or better than him. Like Thomas, but think he realizes that he may not get targeted more than he has. Don't recall him doing to much after catch, except on very rare occasions.

Fosterpark Squatter likes this.
  9. He's got 3 catches. I feel like we'll be OK.

10. Yes he is good, but just has had the misfortune of injuries during his stay at TCU. We are loaded with receiver talent, hard to get minutes and then you have to have the pass come to you and catchable. We should be moving the ball up and down the field, especially when you add in our stable of RBs.

Showtime Joe 2.0 and Eight like this.
  11. I always recall the John Waite lyric (from the song, New York City Girl), “Dylan Thomas rides a white horse drunk” referencing Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, who died after drinking too much in a famous NYC pub, the White Horse Tavern.

12. You googled that.

13. I feel like this won't make us worse. We still have some ways to go to "We will be ok"

jake102 and Eight like this.
  14. Fair point.

15. Actually, John Waite is one of my two all time favorite singers, so I know the song very well. I probably did have to google that lyric a long time ago because I was not familiar with the poet and didn’t get the meaning of the lyric. I’ve known it since the song came out many years ago, though.

Westsider likes this.
  16. Maybe now they will rotate out every third play instead of every other play...

17. 2 down...29 left. Perhaps we should load up on more linemen rather than cycling through WRs for a crappy OC’s.

18. If you gonna ride. Don't ride the white horse.

D_Frog and Salfrog like this.
  19. True, but that probably places him 3rd or 4th on the team.

James Penny likes this.