• The KillerFrogs

The one man that could lead us to a National Championship in my lifetime is gone

Wexahu

Baylor was an overtime agaisnt Oklahoma away in the big 12 ccg from being in the CFP. They had a new coach after their best coach of all time left and did even better than they did with Briles. It might take some rebuilding but there is no reason another coach can’t get us back to prominence with a chance at the CFP
We were just in the championship game with another coach.

Wexahu

We can most certainly make the the CFP now that we are in a P5 but have to go undefeated. However, The big brand P5 schools can afford to have 1 loss and get in but the little brand P5 schools can’t have any losses. I don’t think a G5 school gets in even if they are undefeated.

Yes I know OU is undefeated and a big brand school and not in the top 4 but if they keep winning they will be. It’s just the first week of rankings
We just got in with one loss. This really is the dumbest thread ever.

Mean Purple

In his earlier days at TCU, GP constantly talked about the NC being the primary goal. He said it so much people started to believe it, and it nearly happened.
In the last 4 years, GP was not nearly so focused and it showed.
around 2019/2020 it just got to be distraction central. And his loyalty to some assistants clobbered him. At the same time, if Sonny gets back to being over reliant on an air raid mentality, he'll fall off too.

As for those who say we can't get back to a national champ opportunity, shut that nonsense to scheiss up. Monday night should be in the mind of everybody in the program. our kids should be fired the scheiss up. time to get after their asses next season. speed, destruction, blood and scoreboard.

Time to scheissing lay waste to some mother scheissers! Go Frogs!

Last edited:

Mean Purple

That makes A LOT more sense. I feel much better now and please disregard my previous post.
Whatever. I love that you brought this thread back. Fire the [ Finebaum ] up. We should all be fired up and done licking wounds. Give our kids a few days to rest and get over it, then let them know we support their drive to another natty game. Someone mentioned it yesterday. Do like uga or bama. Start now with the mindset to go all the way. Focus on the little things. Rip [ Finebaum ] on the big things. scheissing destroy anything in Frog's path come late August. Absolutely destory those [ mother farger ]s. Make their families scheissing cry when they see the bus pull up!

bwnorx

You do realize 90% of programs will never have a reasonable chance to win one either, right? I mean, win our conference and you’ve got a shot at it. I’ll take those odds. And if CFP is changing, Gary wasn’t going to be the one to navigate us through it. He seems like he wanted nothing to do with NIL and the new business of CFP. It’s not like he was going to adjust anything.

Regarding 2014- we choked in Waco. Sucks but it happened. The team they let in over us steamrolled the supposed best teams in the country. If anything, be upset that FSU got in bc they clearly weren’t qualified. But I don’t understand this post and your need to feel “woe is me”. Imagine being a true fan of teams like Miami, Nebraska, Cal, Illinois, G Tech, dozens of others who have pretty much given up. Maybe this discussion has advanced to a more logical mindset but the OP was pretty pathetic considering we just played in the final. I’ll be counting my blessings as a fan today.

Mean Purple

You do realize 90% of programs will never have a reasonable chance to win one either, right? I mean, win our conference and you’ve got a shot at it. I’ll take those odds. And if CFP is changing, Gary wasn’t going to be the one to navigate us through it. He seems like he wanted nothing to do with NIL and the new business of CFP. It’s not like he was going to adjust anything.

Regarding 2014- we choked in Waco. Sucks but it happened. The team they let in over us steamrolled the supposed best teams in the country. If anything, be upset that FSU got in bc they clearly weren’t qualified. But I don’t understand this post and your need to feel “woe is me”. Imagine being a true fan of teams like Miami, Nebraska, Cal, Illinois, G Tech, dozens of others who have pretty much given up. Maybe this discussion has advanced to a more logical mindset but the OP was pretty pathetic considering we just played in the final. I’ll be counting my blessings as a fan today.
I would not say he wanted nothing to do with NIL. He was marketing the idea at frickin' lunches. Almost to a shameful extent. People may say he was being sarcastic, but didn't come off that way. Seemed like he was worried Zach was not getting enough NIL funds. Don't know what he said elsewhere.

Horny4TCU

Pearl Harbor? Forget it, he’s rolling….
with GIF