• The KillerFrogs

The new Texas A&M coach is….

An-Cap Frog

i would guess elko to aTm. been there. understated seems to work for aggie, think r.c. slocum. competence for once. the opposite of jimbo and kiffin - all blow, no show. the outlier would be lanning. but why would one leave a purdue, illinois, maryland schedule for texas, bama, uga? dan's road to the cfp is much easier in the b10. the other guy would be utsa's jeff trailor. texas dude. connections. winner. cheap.
R.C. Slocum was the coach of A&M the last time they were conference champions.

Rifframbahzoo20

Any chance Sonny is their new HC?

I can’t see lane kiffin personally…. I think he would have left for auburn if he wanted to leave ole miss. Not sure aggy is a better job than auburn

PurpleBlood87

Since we don’t have our own coaching vacancies to discuss. Place your bets…

When all the dust settles I’m saying…………
LANE KIFFIN

He seems the most notable, successful head coach out there who is at a place with potentially less resources and who has the (lack of) moral compass necessary to take the job.

Names I expect to hear a lot about between now and the press conference, in no particular order: Gary Patterson, Coach Prime, Coach O, Mack Brown, Urban, Bob Stoops, Lincoln, Kalen DeBoer, Mike Elko.

I'm not sure College Station is big enough for Juice Kiffin and Reveille.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
400527485_10225550230568611_6875371426615469893_n.jpg

y2kFrog

Dabo Sweeney is my dark horse candidate the more I think about it. As pissed off as he was the other day on his radio show that sounds like a man who feels totally under appreciated and potentially fed up and ready for a change of pace. Aggie is a way better job than Clemson.

Would be totally on brand for them to hire a coach on the downside of his career.

Rifframbahzoo20

The team quit on Sonny against K state. How long do we need to keep him around and pretend to be happy. When the team quit on HCGP I was told this is the worst possible thing that could ever happen and that he needs to go immediately. Does he have a shorter leash than freaking Sonny Dykes??

Limp Lizard

If Sonny were gone, my pick for TCU from the bunch above would be Klieman. Then maybe Elko. Both have proven the ability to do more with less. TCU has better resources that KSU or Duke and is in a prime recruiting area.

It would be interesting to see what kind of talent Deion could bring to Fort Worth, though. Deion's biggest strength so far is recruiting. Aggy can get talent, but coaching that talent into a winner is their problem. No need for them to go after Deion.

tmcats

Dabo Sweeney is my dark horse candidate the more I think about it. As pissed off as he was the other day on his radio show that sounds like a man who feels totally under appreciated and potentially fed up and ready for a change of pace. Aggie is a way better job than Clemson.
not sure how one would come to that conclusion? aTm now has to deal with texas again. how has that gone over the decades? while dabo, well, he's been coaching a national championship program the past decade. your statement is classic texas big hat crapola.

Last edited:

Toad Jones

Interestin' timing on the GP thread. Wonder if that thread originated with help from GP? Three or four names mentioned, I don't see as possible.
1. GP 2. Mack Brown 3. Riley 4. Dion 5.

It's tough to pry away the West Coast guys down this way.

A&M hasn't had a ton of success picking coaches. It's always been a merry-go-round finding the right coach for that environment. That will not go away, history says so.

And for what-ever-its worth, most of you already know TCU will not replace Dykes this year. Look for a token of appeasement to the alumni and fans, and will replace one coach for sure in January. Maybe two will be replaced, but I doubt it. Since TCU became a university, this school has always favored reputation over sports. That is a pride statement quietly uttered since this school opened its doors. As a high profile name is mentioned for employment. Reputation will always win out.

Last edited:

Wexahu

The team quit on Sonny against K state. How long do we need to keep him around and pretend to be happy. When the team quit on HCGP I was told this is the worst possible thing that could ever happen and that he needs to go immediately. Does he have a shorter leash than freaking Sonny Dykes??
GP was a below .500 coach the last FOUR years of his tenure. It wasn't one game where players quit that did him in. It was a dysfunctional program in just about every way.

Oh yeah, and Sonny beat Gary the last two times they met. Both games at ACS.