• The KillerFrogs

The midweek, mid-day Game Thread!

swimmerbabe11

I'm a bit confused by this post..the rule that batters have to attempt to avoid hbp has been in place a while now?

Or did they make it more stringent..like it used to be that they couldn't lean in and now they actively have to avoid?

Punter1

UTRV is no joke....they are 16-9 or something like that and have beaten some good teams so far this year. I bet they they are probably better then UTA...

Punter1

Ump with the headfake and the called strike three on a ball 6 inches inside...this ump is clueless....

Thru 2.5...TCU up 3-2

PurplFrawg

Administrator

I'm a bit confused by this post..the rule that batters have to attempt to avoid hbp has been in place a while now?

Or did they make it more stringent..like it used to be that they couldn't lean in and now they actively have to avoid?

The dude hit on the elbow was ruled to have swung at the pitch for strike 3.

The new rule states that if a batter does not attempt to get out of the way, or leans into the pitch, it is called a strike. Since he had two strikes already, it was a strikeout.

AroundWorldFrog

Just turned on, the Clowns at bat.

Edit. Those are some bad unis.

images

froginmn

The new rule states that if a batter does not attempt to get out of the way, or leans into the pitch, it is called a strike. Since he had two strikes already, it was a strikeout.
I don't know. I thought that was the rule since 2015. Looks to me, reading this, that the new rule addresses only attempts to lean into a pitch, as opposed to lack of effort to get out of the way?

2018MBA_Final_Approved_Changes_20180824.pdf

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjALegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2qxfWZAILScJg54XByTwXJ