• The KillerFrogs

The Huntsville Item: Mazey candidate for SHSU job

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Huntsville Item: Mazey candidate for SHSU job

By Gene Schallenberg
Staff Reporter

HUNTSVILLE — Sam Houston State is one step closer toward naming a new head baseball coach.

The Huntsville Item has learned that seven candidates have been named preliminary finalists for the job as the Bearkats’ next coach.

Since the Bearkats’ season ended last week in the Southland Conference tournament, Sam Houston has been receiving resumes for the job, which will pay between $55,000 and $96,000.

“We are going through the (hiring) process, according to the rules,” Sam Houston State athletic director Bobby Williams said Friday afternoon. ...

NativeFrog

Do TCU's assistant baseball coaches make 96k?

If Mazey isn't making 96K as second-in-charge at TCU, he should find another job quickly! The salary for Schlossnagle's main assistant should be into six figures. Speaking of TCU assistants, it was nice to see Todd Whitting at the game Friday night.

froginaustin

If Mazey isn't making 96K as second-in-charge at TCU, he should find another job quickly! The salary for Schlossnagle's main assistant should be into six figures. Speaking of TCU assistants, it was nice to see Todd Whitting at the game Friday night.
No complaints here if he is making 6-figures. I hope TCU is paying enough that he won't leave for financial reasons.

Some people want to be the man in charge. If that's what Mazey wants, best of luck to him in the Sam Houston interview.

Big Frog II

Ahhhh, bet you were sad Friday night. Glad the NCAA has banned kiddie bat boys in the regionals, Super Regionals and CWS. They should ban them during the regular season, too.
I was sad not seeing him. Why on this earth should they ban them during the regular season. That little boy did a great job, and he was good entertainment value.

NativeFrog

I was sad not seeing him. Why on this earth should they ban them during the regular season. That little boy did a great job, and he was good entertainment value.

It is too dangerous. And a child that young can't be constantly aware of what is happening with him, making it too easy for him to get hurt, including a potentially lethal injury. Too much of a risk for "entertainment value." Let him be involved, but keep him in the dugout.

Big Frog II

It is too dangerous. And a child that young can't be constantly aware of what is happening with him, making it too easy for him to get hurt, including a potentially lethal injury. Too much of a risk for "entertainment value." Let him be involved, but keep him in the dugout.
Will we be seeing a blog soon about this subject?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I also wish Coach Mazey all the best in his career, but if his "dream job" is in any way connected with Huntsville and SHSU, I wish him better dreams.
I don't know the Athletic Dept. set-up @ SHSU but my Aunt taught there for 39 years. Nice town, beautiful area, many a good visit there.

froginaustin

I don't know the Athletic Dept. set-up @ SHSU but my Aunt taught there for 39 years. Nice town, beautiful area, many a good visit there.
Huntsville's a very nice town, as (too) many Houstonians are figuring out. Very pretty; Sam Houston's home and a museum dedicated to him are there.