• The KillerFrogs

The future

gr8istfan

Get rid of toxic BYU and toxic Baylor, and that's a reasonable 12-team conference.

I doubt BYU would join without more special treatment than even UTx expected out of the old B12-2, so they should be out.

Baylor might stick around if the new conference was built around the "Big Twelve" instead of the Big East, but there's no guarantee that infilling the "Big Twelve" is more advantageous than infilling the football BE, with or without some or all of the bball schools. Baylor's baggage is their history of mooching, and a public campaign relying on illusions of political influence rather than a commitment to increasing their investment in athletics to remain in a position to be supported by their conference mates. So Baylor should be out, too.

Yah, Drop Baylor. That makes a lot of sense? The only school ranked in all three major sports, most conference titles, as well is the top ranked academic school besides Rutgers and UCONN! Please get out of your echo-chamber....State Schools are not your friends!

I am a Baylor Alum, and TCU Alum. I am happy that Ken Starr slowed all the Re-Alignment [Craig James] down with Big12. It might work in your favor.

ATXFrog

Yah, Drop Baylor. That makes a lot of sense? The only school ranked in all three major sports, most conference titles, as well is the top ranked academic school besides Rutgers and UCONN! Please get out of your echo-chamber....State Schools are not your friends!

I am a Baylor Alum, and TCU Alum. I am happy that Ken Starr slowed all the Re-Alignment [Craig James] down with Big12. It might work in your favor.

Or it could work against us.. Big 12 stays together but raids Big East teams (minus TCU via UT,OU,Baylor blocking)

Not once have I heard Ken Starr say publicly that the Big 12 should add TCU. Only Crazy Boone Pickens.
Big time hypocrite talking about Texas Rivalry without mentioning TCU ever.. If Big 12 holds Baylor will become even bigger UT fans then they are now.
If Big 12 explodes you'll finally hear Ken Starr mention the word TCU.

Frog89

Baylor has played 2 games this year and are ranked. Big deal. Welcome to the party after 15 years. Since the Big XII started, your high water mark was last year, a 7-6 season that started with an embarrassing loss to TCU and ended with a complete domination by Illinois in the Texas Bowl. As for friends, TCU has no friends, including Baylor. Everything we have is from what we've done on the field, not in the courtroom or in the state house. And none of what Ken Starr has done has a thing to do with TCU.

gr8istfan

isnt that illegal, sort of like having to different insurance policies on the same vehicle

Right. It was too conveniant, and I like what TCU & Baylor represents. I got my Masters at TCU, as I live 5 Blocks from it. I only wish that BU could of had the same success that TCU had in Football while I was there.

BABYFACE

do you really think you will just dump baylor :wacko:

I don't. You merge all remaing big12 and BE teams( TCU in that mix since they are part of the Big East next Summer). There will be no kicking out which is just bad karma. The question that really remains if what is the need to add other teams and how many from maybe MWC or CUSA.

gr8istfan

Or it could work against us.. Big 12 stays together but raids Big East teams (minus TCU via UT,OU,Baylor blocking)

Not once have I heard Ken Starr say publicly that the Big 12 should add TCU. Only Crazy Boone Pickens.
Big time hypocrite talking about Texas Rivalry without mentioning TCU ever.. If Big 12 holds Baylor will become even bigger UT fans then they are now.
If Big 12 explodes you'll finally hear Ken Starr mention the word TCU.

Really, your expecting Ken Starr, lawyer, to speak publicly about his intentions for TCU. I can assure you, he will not. Beebe/UT is why you didn't get an invite. Ken Starr is a native Texan, and looks out for all things TX.

Boone Pickens has a drunk howler monkey on his sleeve...

BABYFACE

Hey fellow frogs, all the baggage from the past needs to be gone. TCU and Baylor are better served being allies in the current state of CFB. Past is the past. Survival is more important and fans of both schools need to realize this. I think we are going to have to work together.

gr8istfan

+10000

FollowtheFrogs Stefan Stevenson My hunch: B12 staying together (w/o A&M), leaving BE twisting in the wind with potentially just 5 football schools.

BAYLOR is NOT BLOCKING!! Ken Starr has traveled twice to your university in the past two weeks, once prior to the the Big East debacle. And has also visited SMU. This is public knowledge.

I can assure you with all the heat he is catching over threatened litigiation, he did not travel to your school to let your school prez know he will try and block your entry....

BAYLOR is NOT BLOCKING!! Ken Starr has traveled twice to your university in the past two weeks, once prior to the the Big East debacle. And has also visited SMU. This is public knowledge.

I can assure you with all the heat he is catching over threatened litigiation, he did not travel to your school to let your school prez know he will try and block your entry....

You're right, Baylor is NOT blocking! That's why their QB has been flattened in the backfield the last 15 years.

froginaustin

Yah, drop Baylor. Baylor is a chronic mooch on its conference mates. Baylor depends on the kindness of others to fund its athletic department, or so it seems. Right at the bottom of the Big Twelve over the life of the conference, despite being right in the middle of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. Baylor hasn't earned a place in a major conference, and is considered only because it has an unearned place now.

Conference championships in badmitten and tiddlywinks-- so what. Rankings in "all three major sports"? Please. How many winning seasons in the last 15 years, in football? How many wins in bowl games? Or bowl games at all in an era when .500 teams go bowling.

But that's not what makes Baylor toxic. Every conference has losers. What makes Baylor toxic is its attempt to use politics to force its way in, to use influence rather than performance to get a conference place that it doesn't deserve based upon performance. And it follows up by threatening frivolous litigation when it doesn't get its way.

A conference is a business partnership, and I certainly don't wish Baylor on TCU as a business partner.

What was Ken Starr doing when he visited TCU or SMU? Asking for favors? That'd be in character for Starr and for Baylor. [ Arschloch]s.

gr8istfan

You got it. We are a mooches! How sophmoric can you be...

Here are a few personal notes for you!

1. Maybe if you would of made a few more tackles for TCU your record would of been better than Baylor's in the SWC.
  2. Or maybe your a little jealous of Mike Singletary?
  3. You have impressionable young men and women on this board looking for leadership. Show Some!
Its obvious you care about one thing and not what entire university brings to the table. Stay in your echo-chamber, you deserve what you are! Maybe the roids will eventually wear off!

Hoping the best for TCU, and hope to see you in the Big12....

Yah, drop Baylor. Baylor is a chronic mooch on its conference mates. Baylor depends on the kindness of others to fund its athletic department, or so it seems. Right at the bottom of the Big Twelve over the life of the conference, despite being right in the middle of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. Baylor hasn't earned a place in a major conference, and is considered only because it has an unearned place now.

Conference championships in badmitten and tiddlywinks-- so what. Rankings in "all three major sports"? Please. How many winning seasons in the last 15 years, in football? How many wins in bowl games? Or bowl games at all in an era when .500 teams go bowling.

But that's not what makes Baylor toxic. Every conference has losers. What makes Baylor toxic is its attempt to use politics to force its way in, to use influence rather than performance to get a conference place that it doesn't deserve based upon performance. And it follows up by threatening frivolous litigation when it doesn't get its way.

A conference is a business partnership, and I certainly don't wish Baylor on TCU as a business partner.

What was Ken Starr doing when he visited TCU or SMU? Asking for favors? That'd be in character for Starr and for Baylor. [ Arschloch]s.