• The KillerFrogs

The Disappearance of Amon G. Carter's Home Field Advantage and Ways to Fix It.

cheese83

HFrog12 is considering following in Steel's footsteps. Miraculously this evidence somehow shows that there are thousands of Frog fans just waiting for their opportunity to spend hundreds of dollars, if not thousands, on season tickets when they won't even pay face for a game.

I used to have 8 tickets and 2 parking passes even when I lived in San Antonio and now Houston. Once young children came into play it was such a hassle and waste of money bc making that drive, tailgating, etc., was a beating. Dropped everything but 4 tickets on the Westside and split those w my in laws. Just buy good tickets for the 1 or 2 games I make a year now since kids sports dominate my weekends in Houston anyways.

Related to your secondary market topic, unless you have club or really good tickets for a big game and/or we are doing well they probably won’t sell. Hell I came up for the WV game and had beers at Buffalo Bros, guys were just giving away tickets for free. I know it was over Thanksgiving but it’s happened before on other games outside of UT or Tech.

tcumaniac

You are very good at just saying my posts don't make sense and that people don't get it and then go on banging your drum. I have always respected you and you have actually benefited from me gifting you tickets in hoops (which I will gladly do again). Nothing changes that and we can have a beer whenever I am in FW. I don't take message boards too seriously and enjoy the dialogue.

My whole premise isn't that I think fans should have to go through stubhub to buy tickets. It is that there isn't this large portion of the fanbase out there that is willing to shell out for premium east side seats at the entry that the current ticket-holders did, and then use them every single game like you think they will. So now your idea is to strip those seats from them because they sell them and allow other fans every right to buy them for cheaper, comparatively, than anywhere else in the country. It is also assuming the premise that a huge portion of them do in fact sell them every game no matter what. I have no doubt that there are people like that, because I know some. But even if they exercise the option and use those seats one game it is what they paid for.

You claim there is little correlation to stubhub and demand for season tickets. This is where I disagree to an extent. You can use the secondary market as a gauge for how people would react to the availability of season tickets. People aren't going to go to games only if they have season tickets. No it is not a direct correlation but it is there.

Where you believe I am naive or catching me is that you don't think I recognize that you want current season ticket holders to be able to move into the more premium seats. My point is that is Utopian because you are basically going to strip what is already bought and then pull people from the upper east side or from the endzone, or wherever else, and just fill in these "premium" east side seats - at a very low entry price. If it is the fans that already have season tickets that want to move, then poll them and see if they would pay a prorated price for what the current ticket holders paid. If it is overwhelming that thousands of fans suddenly want to have season tickets in the hottest part of the stadium then maybe have the discussion of stripping them from the re-sellers. But then again you are reneging on people that paid a lot of money for the option. And what happens when ticket holders move into those seats and then sell them on the secondary market because they can't make the game, or it is too hot, then we are right back where we started about complaining that frogs aren't in the seats. It's a larger fan/demographic issue than a opportunity issue.

So maybe I deflate the demand and you inflate it, I don't know. What I do know is that even if the plan is pulled off perfect and there exists a ton TCU fans who want to upgrade to the lower east side oven, then you still have to backfill those seats where they moved from. I don't believe we have the fanbase to do that, because again it's already dirt cheap and non-existent in the secondary market. So then we have accomplished the mutual goal of bringing all the potential "true" fans into the premium seats, while the rest of the stadium is a different color, and you have pissed off some of your biggest donors.

I will just use this last example. I have a family member that has 14 season tickets in tiger stadium in baton rouge. All lower bowl and club seats. Maybe just maybe one game a year we have family sitting in all of them. But he paid very good money for that option. Every other game he sells them through LSU's partnership with stubhub, like TCU, to the secondary market. I am sure some of those games visiting fans grab them. But most of the time other LSU fans pay a bunch of money for them. 4x of what the same seats go for in AGCS. Guess why that works. They actually have a large enough fanbase and a demand for those tickets when he doesn't use them. TCU fans who paid for the option of extra seats deserve that too. And it is up to our little fanbase to fill that void. Which my opinion is that from shear numbers that will never happen.

That is the last I will say on this until the exact same thread a few months from now. Your points are well taken and your end goal is something I hope for also. I would say I'd love the option to "upgrade" and grab those perpetual visiting seats next to you (I am a good Frog fan to sit next to if you like people that yell and stand the whole game), but I did have that option and chose to be up in the shade on the same side as my parking. For years I passed up moving to the 50, ~row J from my upper deck west side tickets. The heat wasn't worth it with my kids. I Sure I am not the only one in our apathetic fanbase that has done the same. The only place I wish I could move is the lower west side. But I am realistic in understanding that people paid a lot of money for those and I am going to have to keep climbing the ladder if I ever want them.
Fair response.

I’m about to take off on a flight and will be pretty out of pocket for the next few days so I’ll try to make this quick.

I finally see what you are saying regarding the “initial entry donation” fans theoretically made to have access to the seats they control on the east side, and it’s an interesting point, but I don’t know how accurate it is. Not saying you’re wrong. But I do think it’s a point worthy of further debate.

Sure. When the stadium was re-sat folks made sizable one time donations to have access to premium seats on the west side. But I don’t really get the impression that many of these one time “entry” gifts were made specifically for seats on the east side.

What I do know is that the people that made large donations for club seats still had the ability to select extra tickets, in addition to the +4 option, because their club seats didn’t count towards their total ticket allotment.

For example, if you formerly had 4 season tickets, made a donation and got 4 club seats in the new stadium, you still had the right to buy 8 additional seats elsewhere in the stadium.

I know people who did exactly this and they went ahead and took advantage of their option to buy extra seats, many of them down low on the upper east side in the chair back seats. And those get sold every game on stubhub.

Sure. They made an “entry” donation, but their motivation was for access to west side club seats. The ability to buy extra tickets they didn’t need was more or less gravy. Point being, I don’t know how fair it is to make the argument that they made sizable donations in order to have access to those east side seats they sell every game. Yes. Technically they did. But that wasn’t their main motivation for the donation. Club seats were.

tcumaniac

You are very good at just saying my posts don't make sense and that people don't get it and then go on banging your drum. I have always respected you and you have actually benefited from me gifting you tickets in hoops (which I will gladly do again). Nothing changes that and we can have a beer whenever I am in FW. I don't take message boards too seriously and enjoy the dialogue.

My whole premise isn't that I think fans should have to go through stubhub to buy tickets. It is that there isn't this large portion of the fanbase out there that is willing to shell out for premium east side seats at the entry that the current ticket-holders did, and then use them every single game like you think they will. So now your idea is to strip those seats from them because they sell them and allow other fans every right to buy them for cheaper, comparatively, than anywhere else in the country. It is also assuming the premise that a huge portion of them do in fact sell them every game no matter what. I have no doubt that there are people like that, because I know some. But even if they exercise the option and use those seats one game it is what they paid for.

You claim there is little correlation to stubhub and demand for season tickets. This is where I disagree to an extent. You can use the secondary market as a gauge for how people would react to the availability of season tickets. People aren't going to go to games only if they have season tickets. No it is not a direct correlation but it is there.

Where you believe I am naive or catching me is that you don't think I recognize that you want current season ticket holders to be able to move into the more premium seats. My point is that is Utopian because you are basically going to strip what is already bought and then pull people from the upper east side or from the endzone, or wherever else, and just fill in these "premium" east side seats - at a very low entry price. If it is the fans that already have season tickets that want to move, then poll them and see if they would pay a prorated price for what the current ticket holders paid. If it is overwhelming that thousands of fans suddenly want to have season tickets in the hottest part of the stadium then maybe have the discussion of stripping them from the re-sellers. But then again you are reneging on people that paid a lot of money for the option. And what happens when ticket holders move into those seats and then sell them on the secondary market because they can't make the game, or it is too hot, then we are right back where we started about complaining that frogs aren't in the seats. It's a larger fan/demographic issue than a opportunity issue.

So maybe I deflate the demand and you inflate it, I don't know. What I do know is that even if the plan is pulled off perfect and there exists a ton TCU fans who want to upgrade to the lower east side oven, then you still have to backfill those seats where they moved from. I don't believe we have the fanbase to do that, because again it's already dirt cheap and non-existent in the secondary market. So then we have accomplished the mutual goal of bringing all the potential "true" fans into the premium seats, while the rest of the stadium is a different color, and you have pissed off some of your biggest donors.

I will just use this last example. I have a family member that has 14 season tickets in tiger stadium in baton rouge. All lower bowl and club seats. Maybe just maybe one game a year we have family sitting in all of them. But he paid very good money for that option. Every other game he sells them through LSU's partnership with stubhub, like TCU, to the secondary market. I am sure some of those games visiting fans grab them. But most of the time other LSU fans pay a bunch of money for them. 4x of what the same seats go for in AGCS. Guess why that works. They actually have a large enough fanbase and a demand for those tickets when he doesn't use them. TCU fans who paid for the option of extra seats deserve that too. And it is up to our little fanbase to fill that void. Which my opinion is that from shear numbers that will never happen.

That is the last I will say on this until the exact same thread a few months from now. Your points are well taken and your end goal is something I hope for also. I would say I'd love the option to "upgrade" and grab those perpetual visiting seats next to you (I am a good Frog fan to sit next to if you like people that yell and stand the whole game), but I did have that option and chose to be up in the shade on the same side as my parking. For years I passed up moving to the 50, ~row J from my upper deck west side tickets. The heat wasn't worth it with my kids. I Sure I am not the only one in our apathetic fanbase that has done the same. The only place I wish I could move is the lower west side. But I am realistic in understanding that people paid a lot of money for those and I am going to have to keep climbing the ladder if I ever want them.

Also. In response to your comment about not being able to backfill the new empty seats that people left in order to move up to better seats:

I agree. Those seats likely wouldn’t be back filled unless we had a really good run and created more demand. But TCU fans would be sitting in our best seats, and they would be sitting by fellow TCU fans, something that’s a rarity on the east side these days. This would be much more enjoyable for TCU fans and would create a more coherent and unified fan base that, imo, would lead to a louder and more energetic crowd.

Sure. Lots of away fans would fill in and sit in those open seats that are higher up and in the corners of the stadium. But that’s a hell of a lot better than them occupying many of our best seats.

flyfishingfrog

why do people think there should be a correlation between the number of tickets on stubhub that do not get purchased and the level of demand for better seats in the stadium?

I think most of the people that would like better seats and would be willing to pay for them at a reasonable level (not $15k plus $3k/year) already have season tickets for the most part. That is how they know they would like better seats.

And most of those people are not going to buy "better" seats via stubhub for a game when they already paid for season tickets and they probably won't be able to sell their "bad" seats to recoup much if any of the money.

we all know we have a small fanbase and a large portion of those people have season tickets already - thus your audience for stubhub tickets are opponents fans, TCU fans that don't live in town or ones that are not serious enough to buy season tix to begin with - and the fans that quit on the season tix and still want to go game to games.

Not exactly a great measurement on if existing season ticket holders are open to paying more for better seats.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

why do people think there should be a correlation between the number of tickets on stubhub that do not get purchased and the level of demand for better seats in the stadium?

I think most of the people that would like better seats and would be willing to pay for them at a reasonable level (not $15k plus $3k/year) already have season tickets for the most part. That is how they know they would like better seats.

And most of those people are not going to buy "better" seats via stubhub for a game when they already paid for season tickets and they probably won't be able to sell their "bad" seats to recoup much if any of the money.

we all know we have a small fanbase and a large portion of those people have season tickets already - thus your audience for stubhub tickets are opponents fans, TCU fans that don't live in town or ones that are not serious enough to buy season tix to begin with - and the fans that quit on the season tix to go game to game.

Not exactly a great measurement on if existing season ticket holders are open to paying more for better seats.
giphy.gif

HFrog12

we all know we have a small fanbase and a large portion of those people have season tickets already - thus your audience for stubhub tickets are opponents fans, TCU fans that don't live in town or ones that are not serious enough to buy season tix to begin with - and the fans that quit on the season tix to go game to game.

I agree there isn't a straight correlation but you have to account for the entry for people to upgrade when compared to demand for better seats. Sure there is a demand for better seats but at what price? For example, I would love to sit in the west side lower bowl, but not willing to pay 6 figures to get there.

I want to same goal as maniac and you, which is get the most loyal fans in the best seats closest to the field. But as it stands now there are TCU fans who bought those seats, even if, as maniac pointed out, were meant for their club seats, it was still sold as a package with the option for additional seats.

My point, in addition to many examples from other past or present season ticket holders, is that you can either buy on the secondary market for incredible value, or you can pay thousands of dollars in donations and move into those seats over time. I have season tickets at the top of the east side and when I want to upgrade or sit close I will just buy them on the secondary market and list my seats up top for dirt cheap. It's not ideal but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying fair market value, including entry, for season tickets in the best seats in the house.

I just think some are inflating the demand for better season tickets, unless of course they are next to free, or on par with their current seats that are higher up. Which yea of course there is a demand for better seats. Its been mentioned that fans are willing to pay for better seats at a reasonable level. What is a reasonable level? An entry of $15k plus $3k is reasonable for most places. I would love to scour the data and strip re-sellers of their tickets and give them to the next best fan in line. But good luck raising any more money for the next project.

You want to really complain then be a fan of a lot of schools who can pass down tickets from generation to generation. If TCU fans want better seats then keep donating and moving up in priority and then capitalize on attrition. Our fanbase is the most needy and apathetic. Go look at the comments Donati has to deal with on twitter. We have one of the nicest stadiums in the country but our season ticket holders want free handouts in the best seat in the house. I get incredible value from my seats at the top of the east side (really only 54 rows up in AGCS). Those seats to watch a football game in DKR or Tiger Stadium would be way more expensive than what I get to enjoy. So I am sorry if I am not going to witch about fans who paid 6 figures for the option to have extra seats that are closer to the field than mine.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Fair response.

I’m about to take off on a flight and will be pretty out of pocket for the next few days so I’ll try to make this quick.

I finally see what you are saying regarding the “initial entry donation” fans theoretically made to have access to the seats they control on the east side, and it’s an interesting point, but I don’t know how accurate it is. Not saying you’re wrong. But I do think it’s a point worthy of further debate.

Sure. When the stadium was re-sat folks made sizable one time donations to have access to premium seats on the west side. But I don’t really get the impression that many of these one time “entry” gifts were made specifically for seats on the east side.

What I do know is that the people that made large donations for club seats still had the ability to select extra tickets, in addition to the +4 option, because their club seats didn’t count towards their total ticket allotment.

For example, if you formerly had 4 season tickets, made a donation and got 4 club seats in the new stadium, you still had the right to buy 8 additional seats elsewhere in the stadium.

I know people who did exactly this and they went ahead and took advantage of their option to buy extra seats, many of them down low on the upper east side in the chair back seats. And those get sold every game on stubhub.

Sure. They made an “entry” donation, but their motivation was for access to west side club seats. The ability to buy extra tickets they didn’t need was more or less gravy. Point being, I don’t know how fair it is to make the argument that they made sizable donations in order to have access to those east side seats they sell every game. Yes. Technically they did. But that wasn’t their main motivation for the donation. Club seats were.

leave it to Maniac to slip in the humble brag right up front. Prolly going skiing while the rest of us work our fingers to the bone to support his generation

ifrog

Piggy backing off of the "Season Ticket Holder Survey" thread, and since TCU only allowed 50 character responses, I've decided to discuss my concerns here. Everyone clearly has their own personal preferences regarding things such as what music is played, how loud it's played, how the team enters the field, what chants we do, who leads the chants, etc. But at the end of the day, most of these things are fairly irrelevant to the ultimate game day atmosphere and home field advantage we have (well don't have at this point).

What really matters at the end of the day (outside of winning) is getting butts in seats, and more specifically getting purple butts in our best seats. The seats between the 20s and closest to the field (both on the west and east side) are consistently way too empty or full of opposing teams' colors. Far too many of our stadium's best seats (not including the club seats and suites) are controlled by people that don't regularly use them. There are many reasons for this. Many donors control more seats than they need or can use. They have seats elsewhere in the stadium that leave their extra seats unused, given to friends or clients who end up being casual attendees (non TCU loyal fans that probably show up late, barely cheer, and leave early), or getting sold on the secondary market (often winding up in the hands of fans for the opposing team).

Yes, attendance is a problem across the country, as is stubhub reselling, and schools with smaller fan bases such as ourselves are much quicker to notice the consequences (especially during down years when the team isn't very good). But this is not an acceptable excuse for what causes, in my opinion, the biggest contributor to our stadium's home field advantage that has all but disappeared.

Just like every other school in the country, we have a core and loyal part of our fan base that consistently attends games. But rather than these people sitting in unison in our stadium's best seats providing some kind of coherent home field advantage, they are scattered throughout the stadium, a lot of them in the 400 seats or sitting on the east side only to look down and see better seats that have never been available during the upgrade process that are either empty or occupied by away fans game after game after game. It's extremely disheartening, severely fractures our fan base's unity, and is ultimately causing more and more people to reconsider whether they want to renew their season tickets.

There are no easy fixes, but I do think we've reached the point where more drastic measures need to be taken.

To TCU's credit, they did make a subtle step in the right direction by limiting how many seats could be upgraded this past off-season at 8 per account. Their logic was that there are very few accounts with more than 8 seats that get consistently used. According to someone I spoke with, most accounts with more than 8 seats typically have the extras going unused or being resold on stubhub. TCU's hope was to help level the playing field and prevent someone with 40 seats (most of them for reselling) upgrading all their seats before someone with 2 seats had the chance to upgrade theirs.

I totally agree with and appreciate this step forward, but this exact thing had been allowed for years, so unfortunately a lot of the damage has been done. For years people have been hoarding tickets to resell and upgrading their extra seats ahead of actual season ticket holders that intend to use their seats. Not being able to upgrade more than 8 seats last year doesn't change the fact that many really good seats are already controlled for the sole purpose of reselling.

As I previously stated, this creates a severe fracture in our stadium and is the primary reason, outside of the west side club, that it's almost impossible to find seats where you're not surrounded by opposing fans. I sit in row J, Section 234 (this is the 50 yard line for those that don't know off the top of their head) and there are seats next to me, in front of me, and behind me that are sold to away fans every single game. Seats that real TCU season ticket holders don't have access to, because they are controlled by someone that just resells them on stubhub.

TCU naturally hesitates to take any steps that are too drastic, because they know this will reduce the number of season tickets sold, a number that is already on the decline. But I also don't think they fully appreciate the number of people deciding not to renew their season tickets because of this exact problem that they are failing to legitimately address. It's simply not fun to attend a home game for your school and constantly be surrounded by opposing fans (especially when you have to deal with fans from schools like Tech, OU, Baylor, Texas etc.).

Here are practical solutions I think TCU needs to take to address these issues:
  • Start reaching out to season ticket accounts that are consistently reselling tickets on the secondary market, especially the seats that are resold for every game. TCU has tracked this activity for years, and they know every time a ticket is resold on stubhub. They just haven't done anything about it yet. Notify these accounts that if this activity continues, TCU has the right to revoke those seats from their account. This is not a novel idea, and it's been done across the country at school's where good seats were consistently being resold rather than sat it. It should be TCU's duty to ensure that our best seats are being sat in by TCU fans. Up to this point, TCU has not done that.
  • Put a ceiling on the amount of priority points you can earn per season ticket per year at 8 seats. As I was told by an employee at TCU, there are very few accounts that actively use more than 8 seats. The accounts that actually need more than that will continue to buy them, but otherwise, stop incentivizing people with priority points to buy an excessive number of extra seats just to resell.
  • Stop promoting Stubhub reselling. As it stands now, TCU literally has stubhub integrated into our online accounts. You can login to your TCU gofrogs account and automatically list all of your seats at the click of a button. Jeremy Donati has stated that he doesn't like tickets being resold on stubhub. If this is the case, why make it so easy to resell them? And even worse, why send season ticket holders emails promoting the ability to resell them on stubhub?
  • Lastly, something has to be done about our west side lower bowl. In its current state, it is an absolute joke. The seats and rows are way too far apart. That entire section needs to be reconfigured and resat. You could easily fit 2/3 more seat back chairs in that section than what exist now. We cannot continue to allow the section immediately behind our team bench to be so sparsely attended and void of any energy. It is terribly embarrassing and has a direct impact on recruiting and our team's energy level.

I know this is long and I know there will be smart ass comments. But I genuinely think these are practical steps that would help dramatically improve our game day atmosphere and home field advantage.

#MakeTheCarterGreatAgain

All are great points. They need to do something about it before it gets out of hand. One more losing season and nobody will be at the games except for those enjoying the friendly confines of their suite.

flyfishingfrog

Are these issues discussed at the Trustees level?

are you asking that question honestly?

No - why would our Trustee's be concerned with football attendance?

I guess they might discuss it if it got to the point where some big money donors were refusing to continue donations because we ripped their tickets out from under them without asking or something similar

But generally athletic department operational issues that are not exposing the University to increased levels of financial or compliance risk are not really their area of focus.

Wexahu

We need more butts in seats For a variety of reasons but home field advantage in college football is largely a myth. I mean, it can and does help a little, but people would be very surprised how much team’s home and away records are similar. Good teams win at home and on the road. Bad teams lose at home and on the road.

Basketball is a completely different story but in football it just doesn’t matter that much.

BigPurple87

Piggy backing off of the "Season Ticket Holder Survey" thread, and since TCU only allowed 50 character responses, I've decided to discuss my concerns here. Everyone clearly has their own personal preferences regarding things such as what music is played, how loud it's played, how the team enters the field, what chants we do, who leads the chants, etc. But at the end of the day, most of these things are fairly irrelevant to the ultimate game day atmosphere and home field advantage we have (well don't have at this point).

What really matters at the end of the day (outside of winning) is getting butts in seats, and more specifically getting purple butts in our best seats. The seats between the 20s and closest to the field (both on the west and east side) are consistently way too empty or full of opposing teams' colors. Far too many of our stadium's best seats (not including the club seats and suites) are controlled by people that don't regularly use them. There are many reasons for this. Many donors control more seats than they need or can use. They have seats elsewhere in the stadium that leave their extra seats unused, given to friends or clients who end up being casual attendees (non TCU loyal fans that probably show up late, barely cheer, and leave early), or getting sold on the secondary market (often winding up in the hands of fans for the opposing team).

Yes, attendance is a problem across the country, as is stubhub reselling, and schools with smaller fan bases such as ourselves are much quicker to notice the consequences (especially during down years when the team isn't very good). But this is not an acceptable excuse for what causes, in my opinion, the biggest contributor to our stadium's home field advantage that has all but disappeared.

Just like every other school in the country, we have a core and loyal part of our fan base that consistently attends games. But rather than these people sitting in unison in our stadium's best seats providing some kind of coherent home field advantage, they are scattered throughout the stadium, a lot of them in the 400 seats or sitting on the east side only to look down and see better seats that have never been available during the upgrade process that are either empty or occupied by away fans game after game after game. It's extremely disheartening, severely fractures our fan base's unity, and is ultimately causing more and more people to reconsider whether they want to renew their season tickets.

There are no easy fixes, but I do think we've reached the point where more drastic measures need to be taken.

To TCU's credit, they did make a subtle step in the right direction by limiting how many seats could be upgraded this past off-season at 8 per account. Their logic was that there are very few accounts with more than 8 seats that get consistently used. According to someone I spoke with, most accounts with more than 8 seats typically have the extras going unused or being resold on stubhub. TCU's hope was to help level the playing field and prevent someone with 40 seats (most of them for reselling) upgrading all their seats before someone with 2 seats had the chance to upgrade theirs.

I totally agree with and appreciate this step forward, but this exact thing had been allowed for years, so unfortunately a lot of the damage has been done. For years people have been hoarding tickets to resell and upgrading their extra seats ahead of actual season ticket holders that intend to use their seats. Not being able to upgrade more than 8 seats last year doesn't change the fact that many really good seats are already controlled for the sole purpose of reselling.

As I previously stated, this creates a severe fracture in our stadium and is the primary reason, outside of the west side club, that it's almost impossible to find seats where you're not surrounded by opposing fans. I sit in row J, Section 234 (this is the 50 yard line for those that don't know off the top of their head) and there are seats next to me, in front of me, and behind me that are sold to away fans every single game. Seats that real TCU season ticket holders don't have access to, because they are controlled by someone that just resells them on stubhub.

TCU naturally hesitates to take any steps that are too drastic, because they know this will reduce the number of season tickets sold, a number that is already on the decline. But I also don't think they fully appreciate the number of people deciding not to renew their season tickets because of this exact problem that they are failing to legitimately address. It's simply not fun to attend a home game for your school and constantly be surrounded by opposing fans (especially when you have to deal with fans from schools like Tech, OU, Baylor, Texas etc.).

Here are practical solutions I think TCU needs to take to address these issues:
  • Start reaching out to season ticket accounts that are consistently reselling tickets on the secondary market, especially the seats that are resold for every game. TCU has tracked this activity for years, and they know every time a ticket is resold on stubhub. They just haven't done anything about it yet. Notify these accounts that if this activity continues, TCU has the right to revoke those seats from their account. This is not a novel idea, and it's been done across the country at school's where good seats were consistently being resold rather than sat it. It should be TCU's duty to ensure that our best seats are being sat in by TCU fans. Up to this point, TCU has not done that.
  • Put a ceiling on the amount of priority points you can earn per season ticket per year at 8 seats. As I was told by an employee at TCU, there are very few accounts that actively use more than 8 seats. The accounts that actually need more than that will continue to buy them, but otherwise, stop incentivizing people with priority points to buy an excessive number of extra seats just to resell.
  • Stop promoting Stubhub reselling. As it stands now, TCU literally has stubhub integrated into our online accounts. You can login to your TCU gofrogs account and automatically list all of your seats at the click of a button. Jeremy Donati has stated that he doesn't like tickets being resold on stubhub. If this is the case, why make it so easy to resell them? And even worse, why send season ticket holders emails promoting the ability to resell them on stubhub?
  • Lastly, something has to be done about our west side lower bowl. In its current state, it is an absolute joke. The seats and rows are way too far apart. That entire section needs to be reconfigured and resat. You could easily fit 2/3 more seat back chairs in that section than what exist now. We cannot continue to allow the section immediately behind our team bench to be so sparsely attended and void of any energy. It is terribly embarrassing and has a direct impact on recruiting and our team's energy level.

I know this is long and I know there will be smart ass comments. But I genuinely think these are practical steps that would help dramatically improve our game day atmosphere and home field advantage.

#MakeTheCarterGreatAgain

[ hundin] fest from someone who doesnt sit in his own seats

HG73

As long as we continue to sellout season tickets it doesn't really matter how many people actually show up, or don't come back in after halftime or don't come outside to sit behind the team.
I wish we sold all the tickets to Frog fans. I wish we won every home game. I wish I was taller.
We could still be in a G5 conference getting ready for 30000 fans to watch Fresno. Life is good.

flyfishingfrog

As long as we continue to sellout season tickets it doesn't really matter how many people actually show up, or don't come back in after halftime or don't come outside to sit behind the team.
I wish we sold all the tickets to Frog fans. I wish we won every home game. I wish I was taller.
We could still be in a G5 conference getting ready for 30000 fans to watch Fresno. Life is good.
We don’t sell out anymore- close but not all anymore

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I’m sure it’s been mentioned by others on here, I skipped some pages. I’m in 311 and would gladly pay for some closer seats but they are gobbled up by others that don’t use them.

Moose Stuff

[ hundin] fest from someone who doesnt sit in his own seats

Who gives a rat’s ass where he sits? He’s in the scheissing stadium every Saturday. I’ll be honest, I didn’t read one word of his original post because I know exactly what the content was gonna be and I don’t really care that much, but I’m sure as hell not gonna criticize the guy for giving a [ Finebaum ]. We need WAY more fans like maniac.