• The KillerFrogs

The Comments on Mark Cohen

Punter1

Hopefully not. Chicago showed what kind of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty people they are by the way they treated him. Moises Alou should eat a lifetime of bags of dicks for spurning the hate.

I think Alou had a right to be frustrated...he was 4 oits away from a World Series. ANY player would have been pissed...

And the team hadn't been to a world series in 58 years...fans kinda had a right to be frustrated as well. You gotta know if you are in the front row to not interfere, especially when your team is in the field.

nwlafrog

I think Alou had a right to be frustrated...he was 4 oits away from a World Series. ANY player would have been pissed...

And the team hadn't been to a world series in 58 years...fans kinda had a right to be frustrated as well. You gotta know if you are in the front row to not interfere, especially when your team is in the field.

Common sense, imo

Punter1

Common sense, imo

Hell yea Rusty Greer might have been the only one ver to not get mad.

As a 40 yr Cub fan we all KNEW as soon as Bartman darned with that ball the game and series was over...even up 3 in the 8th and up 3 games to 2. We all darning knew. We were gonna be cursed darned again...

So if he catches it I guess they only give up 7 runs in the 8th, huh?

HFrog1999

There’s not a good excuse for him or any non player to be on the field during that play.

It could very well have cost TCU the game which would’ve sucked for all of the players, coaches and fans who traveled.

Thankfully TCU won and neither the ref or the TCU suit were hurt.

TCU should take steps to make sure that never happens again.

BleedNPurple

He was in a suit, how did they know he was a TCU employee so quick?

Couldn’t he have said he was with ESPN or the bowl committee or something?

Think after 4 days of Mark running meetings with the media and bowl members they all know who he is. He probably had his field pass around his neck.

Coach should give Mark his own highlight film at the Annual Football Banquet.

Purp

First, he wasn't 5 yards on the field. Unless there's another camera angle than the only one I've seen of it, it looks like he was in the white painted area and got run into causing him to tumble onto the field. Even then, he was very close to the sideline. This isn't a case of a rogue suit running out onto the field in the middle of a play.

My best guess is that he was standing on that end of the field to watch OT with the best vantage point. When the ball got picked JJ took off down the same sideline so the only way for Cohen to see the rest of the play was to step out onto the white and lean out to watch. Clearly Cohen didn't expect to be trucked by a linesman behind him and the linesman didn't expect to have an obstruction as he focused on watching for where JJ might step out of bounds. Boom. Collision.

No problem at all with that flag and very little problem with a great SID making an honest mistake. Now, I just hope Jerry Jones starts going down to the field more often again and this can happen to him.