• The KillerFrogs

'The Best TCU Gear'

NativeFrog

Bet the TCU Bookstore and other TCU gear retailers really love Chris Del Conte now!

On Facebook, Del Conte says: "The newly opened store 'The varsity' on bluebonnet circle has the best TCU gear in town !!!" Probably should have kept his mouth quiet on this one!

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Bet the TCU Bookstore and other TCU gear retailers really love Chris Del Conte now!

On Facebook, Del Conte says: "The newly opened store 'The varsity' on bluebonnet circle has the best TCU gear in town !!!" Probably should have kept his mouth quiet on this one!

I disagree. He is supporting TCU alumni and I think thats great. The bookstore will always do well and who cares about the online retailers.

Way to go CDC and thanks for supporting the home team.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Not much selection yet unless u want a ping shirt.

Have you seen their stock? I bought two shirts and neither of them are Ping.

They have told me that new merchandise will be arriving soon but they have plenty in stock already.

Paul

I'm sure they'll hate that royalty check that The Varsity generates. Idiot.

Stiff Arm Frog

Disagree with the OP. I've been mildly disappointed with the selection of purple merchandise that the Bookstore usually has to offer.

Really looking forward to checking this store out when I get back in Fort Worth.

TCURiggs

Yes. Did so today. Look I hope they do well. But, the current selection is manly ping shirts.

I will be back once they get more selection.

As a man, I prefer "manly" ping shirts.

Seriously though, they have a lot more than ping shirts, and they told me they literally have about half of what they're going to stock at this point. I really liked some of the stuff they had and I'm curious to see what else they get. Some of you on this board are just too damn hard to please (not necessarily talking about you, YA).

As an aside, they have a lot of good stuff for the little ones. My wife and I just had our first last week, and I can't wait to get her in to some that purple gear.

Got a nice shirt (ping yes but still nice) and a great dress for my wife's birthday. Much better than Flash or bookstore. Looking forward to seeing additional inventory, though. Great start and I'm happy to see more competition for the Bookstore and Flash. I'm not even sure how Flash competes at all. Seems very ordinary over there.

TCURiggs

Got a nice shirt (ping yes but still nice) and a great dress for my wife's birthday. Much better than Flash or bookstore. Looking forward to seeing additional inventory, though. Great start and I'm happy to see more competition for the Bookstore and Flash. I'm not even sure how Flash competes at all. Seems very ordinary over there.

Uhoh, that GREG guy isn't going to like that.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
It's good they are trying to get more TCU stuff out there, but I looked at their pics on Facebook and 90% of the stuff was hot trash IMO

I am not sure what hot trash means but what you saw on Facebook was a fraction of what they have. What you won't see are the new Nike shirts with the iron on TCU. Buy those at the bookstore or Academy.

Someone mentioned that they only saw Ping shirts and thats not true. They have 2 Ping shirts and two Ping pullovers. '

What they do have are Cutter & Buck shirts, Vineyard Vines shirts, great TCU ties, TCU belts, Game Gear shirts, hats, purple blazers ( who else has those?) and some great looking khakis with TCU embroidered on them.

I think its a great selection and they are just getting started

Finally, I respect the fact that two TCU grads listened to people asking for more and better TCU merchandise, put together a plan and then started the store. I plan on supporting them in any way that I can because I always go for the local guys over the chains, when I can.