• The KillerFrogs

The 2019 Offense needs to be restructured to revolve around the run game

4th. down

No more videos of TCU offensive players training at sand volleyball courts this off season wearing bandanas for their strength and conditioning off season program. I'm convinced this is where things started going south this past season. More Colorado circuits in that training slot instead.

I also think we should send Gary and the offensive staff to Kansas City and have a 5 day offensive learning seminar with Andy Reid and the Chiefs. There are TCU alums who could set that up. I think a Gary and Andy Reid business relationship would be good for TCU football. Gary can share with Andy how to run a defense. Andy is a magician at bending an offense around whatever skills that year's group of players have instead of trying to get players to bend to his offense. We had ZERO offensive identity this past fall. No more Boykin, Doctson, and Mr. Cool on the sidelines in Coach Meacham and this is what we get.

Only keepers on offensive staff in my opinion are Luper and Thomsen. The rest get the axe including grad assistants for QBs and WRs.

Are you Chase Ortiz, former DE, and a damn good one?

LeagueCityFrog

Are you Chase Ortiz, former DE, and a damn good one?

Nope...But I am a two-time TCU alum from a family of Frogs that wants Gary to go on a run of national championships like USC did with cheating Pete Carrol minus the cheating. Who has also put his money behind this effort.

Eight

Nope...But I am a two-time TCU alum from a family of Frogs that wants Gary to go on a run of national championships like USC did with cheating Pete Carrol minus the cheating. Who has also put his money behind this effort.

won't happen the way you ask because andy reid doesn't really care about running an offense that is to the benefit of the chief defense and we aren't going to see that type of offensive mindset as long as gary is the head coach.

the other problem is if you want real creativity in the offense you need new ideas, new minds, and that isn't going to happen unless certain coaches opt to retire.

From what I can determine, based on The Mule's first two games taking meaningful snaps vs. the final game, after several weeks of coaching and instruction one-on-one, is that Cumbie's preferred method of instruction seems to be electroshock therapy while the QB is in the pocket (to keep him jumpy) and repeated blows to the head with a brick (to give good decision-making skillz).

I have also determined that whoever is drawing up the Offensive Game Plan should feed whatever has been put together each week into a shredder, and script plays based on heaving darts at the spread-out pages of the playbook while blindfolded. Whatever gets hit is what you run. Couldn't be worse than what was drawn up...

Seriously, a hard look has to be given to the whole of the offensive side of the ball. This was the most ghastly season for the Frog offense since 2013, and this last game was simply the awful exclamation point. There has been no consistency (save the bad kind) in anything we have attempted. No Game Plan has survived kickoff. The sole exceptions to this were the Rape U. and OkSt. games, where there seemed to be a plan structured around our strengths, as opposed to what was perceived as weaknesses in our opponents.

The ridiculous amount of injuries suffered this year contributed to the awful melange, and thus Strength and Conditioning needs a hard look as well. It could simply be that we were snakebit this season, but I tend to think that we were far above average in players going down and have been the last few seasons. If your best players are in walking casts, then you will have trouble winning games. I know that many consider the current S&C Coach a really good asset to the team. That may well be, but one must also look at the number of injuries comparatively and, if possible, adjust to minimize those injuries. More range-of-motion drills. Hell, introduce yoga! Couldn't hurt. I can remember Herschel Walker taking ballet at TCU to improve his game...

I can see Spring Drills starting with GMFP standing on the front of the team, saying, "Boys, this is a football..."
The week before we played tOSU, there was an article in one of the major news outlets about how Bosa’s unique stretching regimen helped him stay fit and healthy.

Then he went down with a bizarre season-ending injury.

LVH

Cumby is being paid a lot of money. He doesnt need to overhaul his system, he just needs to tweak it in order to utilize the strengths of the offense.

Even with the injuries. TCU's offense being this bad is unacceptable. Changes do need to be made.

Seems TCU always has a bad offense when it has a great defense. If TCU could get both offense and defense working at the same time all season and through bowl season, watch out!