• The KillerFrogs

Thank you, Omafrogs!

froginmn

I've wanted to go to the CWS for fifteen years. I was coaching my son's baseball teams and then my daughter's softball teams from 2009 to 2019 so I couldn't ever go despite five Frog appearances. In 2019 when my daughter said she was done, I booked a hotel in Omaha for June 2020. You know how that went. For the next two years timing didn't work out for other reasons.

This team made a very improbable run from mid-April until now, and when they made it to Omaha my mind was made up. From Friday to Monday I took one of my favorite trips ever to watch the Frogs and the other teams compete in a CWS that was crazy competitive. The championship dream ended on the warning track today, but what a heck of a run and heck of an effort by these guys!

Thanks to the players, coaches, and staff for an amazing ride! It's an experience I'll cherish forever and never forget.

Go Frogs!

Deep Purple

The championship dream ended on the warning track today, but what a heck of a run and heck of an effort by these guys!
Interesting thing Deep Jr. pointed out to me -- pointed out to him by a fellow Frog alum. That Brayden Taylor hit fell five feet from the base of the outfield wall. In almost any MLB ballpark, a ball hit that distance would have been a home run 97% of the time.

Creighton Baseball Analytics Team

Interesting thing Deep Jr. pointed out to me -- pointed out to him by a fellow Frog alum. That Brayden Taylor hit fell five feet from the base of the outfield wall. In almost any MLB ballpark, a ball hit that distance would have been a home run 97% of the time.

Creighton Baseball Analytics Team
I didn’t see the play but it sounded like he did the same in the first oral bobs game — hit it hard but atem in a last out at bat.

I am really proud of the baseball team this year! They had to go through adversity this year at yet almost made it out of the bracket in Omaha. It is extra impressive considering they did not host a reagional yet dominated it. Despite being eliminated in Omaha, the losses came down to the 9th inning and were a few short breaks from being undefeated there.