• The KillerFrogs

Texas Christian University to nix the word 'freshmen' in push for 'inclusive excellence'

Even more laughable is your constant farting, which results when the excess prostaglandins enter your bloodstream and cause other smooth muscles in your body to contract — including those in your bowels. This can lead to flatulance and changes in your bowel habits, which is fancy talk for period farts and the dreaded period poops.
I'd like to hear jugband's comments on the above before making a decision to deride your comments.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Texas Christian University has announced that it will no longer use the term "freshmen" in an effort to be more inclusive.

Instead, the school will refer to students in college for the first time as "first-year" students. The term will also apply to students with fewer than 24 credit hours, regardless of how long they have been enrolled in school.

TCU's Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs called the change "a reflection of our university-wide commitment to inclusive excellence."

https://www.campusreform.org/articl...mNXcsCYKaR07_BGwaErfZ8gdFllIKZ2LJDRpHZDesrjUQ
Breaking news: This just in from the pentagon, the US Navy is no longer permitted to fire broadsides.

Double D

Tier 1
Weight Watchers announced it will no longer use the term 'freshmen 15' when referring to weight gain during the initial year of college. Instead, the term 'first year 15' will be used in a push for 'inclusive excellence'.

Last edited:

tcudoc

I heard today that the reason for banning the word freshmen has nothing at all to do with any of the things that have been mentioned. It turns out that, for several years now, a very small percentage of the first year students smelled very, shall we say, “fresh.”

So, it was either make this move, or turn the frog fountain into a communal bath. Only time will tell if the leadership made the correct decision.

illini_frog

I cringe at the thought of agreeing with some of the Trump cult on here but I’m with a guy like Bill Maher in regards to woke culture.

Very stupid of TCU to spend an ounce of energy worrying about things like this and America would in general benefit from growing thicker skin again.

I could care less about pronouns or how you identify, but if someone says something you don’t like just ignore it and/or have the spine to say something about what you’d prefer in your personal situation.

tcumaniac

I cringe at the thought of agreeing with some of the Trump cult on here but I’m with a guy like Bill Maher in regards to woke culture.

Very stupid of TCU to spend an ounce of energy worrying about things like this and America would in general benefit from growing thicker skin again.

I could care less about pronouns or how you identify, but if someone says something you don’t like just ignore it and/or have the spine to say something about what you’d prefer in your personal situation.
Don't worry. I cringe at the thought of agreeing with you too.