• The KillerFrogs

TexAgs pays 2 A&M players $10k each for a 30 minute interview

Eight

no worries. He's too busy hitting trucks.

tenor-2.gif

Mean Purple

I listened to an interview with Billy Liucci on Houston sports radio about this arrangement. This is just a one time deal for the SEC media days and he’s going to strike another deal w 4 players during the season (2 offense, 2 defense) for weekly 30 min interviews where he will interview 1 offensive and 1 defensive player for TexAgs. They’re going to rotate each week. They also hired away David Nuno from ABC Houston just to be their lead sports guy now.
He was saying it’s going to get crazy when players start getting exclusive interview deals for big radio stations or news outlets.
get the popcorn ready. no way one of those kids does not say something unwise.

flyfishingfrog

am I the only one who wishes they would bring back the Marborro man on tv. Him and the Norelco Santa.
Think about it, [ #2020 ] has been pretty scheissed up since they cut those two out.
Ever read about him?

he was the horse “manager” for the commercial shoot and the producer said the actors all looked like beach boys so he hired him for the commercial on site

punter9

I mean. Outside of a few highly contested five stars who were going to bama, buckholes, and the like anyways it really doesn’t seem like a market our alumni and boosters can’t afford.

we’re not trying to get all five stars just keeping access to the 3’s and 4’s we currently access. And when we’re winning our tv ratings are good enough to earn a few big players some competitive scratch.

think of the money Boykin could’ve made mid season after that Dana h high five as he was always on sports center, and the follow up bail bonds sponsorship after the Alamo. Coulda killed it!

jokes aside we will be fine as long as we actually participate in the market.

Horny 4 Life

This was the inevitable result of the NIL. It will undoubtedly set off another college football arms race and further separate the haves and have-nots.

I dropped my season tickets this year and I'll probably be dropping interest in college football soon. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with players getting paid something, but college football is likely to turn into another version of MLB with its competitive imbalance and I don't really care to watch that happen.

Latest posts