• The KillerFrogs

TexAgs pays 2 A&M players $10k each for a 30 minute interview

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What are the details of this?

I didn't think that such an entity could pay players, even under these new "rules" so recently established.

Paul in uhh

The language of the Texas law states that you’re required to pay “fair market value“ for services rendered. Is $20,000 an hour fair market value for an interview these days?

Zubaz

So, Aggie Booster who owns Real Estate outfit, has Real Estate outfit pay the players. Nice cut-out, Aggy...
I think I found a pic of the guy.
tumblr_m4j3nf52Gy1rwjr4go1_500.jpg

Moose Stuff

This is the type of [ #2020 ] I warned about when all the soapboxxers were tearing their clothes over how evil it is that players can't profit off their likeness

I wonder if the linemen who block for Isaiah Spiller will see any money.

Yeah, it won’t be long until locker room chemistry across the country starts imploding when the guys who aren’t getting paid get sick of the guys who are.

Paul in uhh

Like it or not, TCU is going to need to try to compete unless we’re all OK with just getting two star players like it’s 2003 again

What a recruiting tool for the ags. They can tell a recruit all about their deep pockets and that they can meet or top any other offers the recruit gets. Here comes some hilarious bidding wars. But the ags can now show some hard proof.

Yeah, it won’t be long until locker room chemistry across the country starts imploding when the guys who aren’t getting paid get sick of the guys who are.

They all will get something. Maybe game day performance bonuses. With our alumni size, I kind of doubt we able to match bribes with the ags, the cows and a host of others. The next step is to eliminate the stupid eligibility rules in regards to number of years a player can play. We already have free agency. A whole bunch of good players don't make it in the bigs.

4 Oaks Frog

What a recruiting tool for the ags. They can tell a recruit all about their deep pockets and that they can meet or top any other offers the recruit gets. Here comes some hilarious bidding wars. But the ags can now show some hard proof.
Yep, but they will lose…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor & aggie

HG73

So, Aggie Booster who owns Real Estate outfit, has Real Estate outfit pay the players. Nice cut-out, Aggy...
Well, that's the way it works as I understand it. Car dealer pays college player to do wat? A commercial? Interview? Go on a date? Hell, IDK, but this was tailor made for aggy and OU.

I guess no more probation. Giving kids money is now de rigueur.

Eight

Well, that's the way it works as I understand it. Car dealer pays college player to do wat? A commercial? Interview? Go on a date? Hell, IDK, but this was tailor made for aggy and OU.

I guess no more probation. Giving kids money is now de rigueur.

players have been getting benefits for about as long as people have kept score and and paid attention to wins and losses

the difference now from what i can tell is business is being handled above the table instead of under it, but it is nothing new. heck, we know that don't we